Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MK2CAV.COM

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hatchback

Featured Replies

Hi everybody I'm on the lookout for a mk2 hatchback, hopefully with some mot, I really miss my old one so am on the market for another, can anyone help me please. .

  • Replies 139
  • Views 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Kelvin berry
    Kelvin berry

    Spent the day sourcing parts for my new cavalier,  found a new wing off ebay, sills and arches from a place in malvern, and arranged to get her collected for next weekend. Feeling really excited

  • Lol.....thanks....any mk2 love is appreciated on here.  Good luck with it Kelvin

  • 2nd, 3rd, 4th opinion time, but as has been said, gotta find someone that likes / loves them! If you don't need the car anytime soon, there are some top guys in Scotland! (only half joking!)

Posted Images

  • CLUB MEMBER

Great news Kelvin, we need some details.....model and budget (condition dependant of course) is a good start, also how far are you prepared to travel to collect?  I guess you want an MOT'd one to drive it home?  Did you want  a project one (budget dependant I guess).

Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR

Renault 5e daily (french go kart)

  • Author

Hi Greg, i'm looking for a hatchback 1.6 or 1.8 mk2 with mot distance not really an issue, at the moment I've got a budget of 1100 but will be rising as the weeks go by. Don't mind a bit of work as long as I can do it on the weekend. 

  • Author

A sortof rolling restoration is what I'm after, but not to far gone that I can't use it daily.

  • CLUB MEMBER

You budget should get some pretty reasonable to be honest.....but prices are creeping up of late.

Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR

Renault 5e daily (french go kart)

  • Author

Looking at a cavalier tomorrow can't wait, this beauty needs tenderloving care...

  • CLUB MEMBER

Its the best sort Paul.....bit like your but hatch like

Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR

Renault 5e daily (french go kart)

  • Author

Update on cavalier,  she's mine now absolutely beautiful she is and by the looks of what I've seen so far not to much to get her back up and on the roads again.

I'm so excited I feel like a kid in a sweet shop.

Thanks to chris for letting me have her top bloke and seems really genuine.

It may be sad of me I know but because she's an lx model I'm calling her lexi. ...

Edited by Kelvin berry

  • Author
8 hours ago, Paul said:

how did you get on with the cavalier you were looking at?

Fantastic Paul,  agreed to take her home with me .

  • CLUB MEMBER

Pics please Kelvin....plenty of pictures.

Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR

Renault 5e daily (french go kart)

  • Author
8 hours ago, Greg said:

Pics please Kelvin....plenty of pictures.

Sorry Greg I'm a complete technophobe I have no idea how to post pics on here, I need a step by step guide to get them on.

But I can ask my son to see if he knows how to do it.

  • Author
22 hours ago, Paul said:

Awesome fella, now the fun starts 

Absolutely,  i'm just arranging to get her picked up and delivered to my home, then booked in for mot for a list of work that I need to do.

  • Author

Spent the day sourcing parts for my new cavalier,  found a new wing off ebay, sills and arches from a place in malvern, and arranged to get her collected for next weekend.

Feeling really excited about seeing her again and getting my hands on her.

  • CLUB MEMBER

I like the enthusiasm Kelvin, good luck

Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR

Renault 5e daily (french go kart)

  • Author
4 hours ago, Greg said:

I like the enthusiasm Kelvin, good luck

She's coming tomorrow it's gonna be a sleepless night tonight , can't wait..

  • CLUB MEMBER

Pics.....we need pics please....

Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR

Renault 5e daily (french go kart)

  • Author
4 hours ago, Greg said:

Pics.....we need pics please....

Still trying to figure out how to put pics on, just went for mot and it's very bad news the worst is the front subframe needs replacing, as well as new sills inner and outer, both arches , all brake pipes , all suspension,  all lights don't work to name but a few jobs, and while I was there she decided to refuse to start , got power to the coil and the starter clicks but won't turn enfine,  changed the battery for a new one and makes no difference. 

 So tonight is going to be a research night to find the problem. 

  • CLUB MEMBER

Earth or starter problem. I also had lead to starter corrode inside the cable and same with earth so worth checking!

 

As for posting pics, I can help you with that and it won't cost you hundreds of pounds either!! We can also help you find any bits you need.

 

Pics are drag and drop just below the message window on pc, or paperclip button on mobile. Happy to help just pm me.

  • Author
9 hours ago, andy said:

Earth or starter problem. I also had lead to starter corrode inside the cable and same with earth so worth checking!

 

As for posting pics, I can help you with that and it won't cost you hundreds of pounds either!! We can also help you find any bits you need.

 

Pics are drag and drop just below the message window on pc, or paperclip button on mobile. Happy to help just pm me.

I'm only on a mobile so any help would be massively appreciated,  have taken starter off the car this morning gonna get it checked out and also the Haynes book of lies indicates that it may be the ignition switch.

  • CLUB MEMBER
19 hours ago, Kelvin berry said:

Still trying to figure out how to put pics on, just went for mot and it's very bad news the worst is the front subframe needs replacing, as well as new sills inner and outer, both arches , all brake pipes , all suspension,  all lights don't work to name but a few jobs, and while I was there she decided to refuse to start , got power to the coil and the starter clicks but won't turn enfine,  changed the battery for a new one and makes no difference. 

 So tonight is going to be a research night to find the problem. 

It didn't look that bad in the pictures, did you have a poke round underneath when you looked at it in the flesh.

Is the front subframe the footwells?  Sounds like a welding fest.  Pictures will help us help you.

Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR

Renault 5e daily (french go kart)

  • Author
29 minutes ago, Greg said:

It didn't look that bad in the pictures, did you have a poke round underneath when you looked at it in the flesh.

Is the front subframe the footwells?  Sounds like a welding fest.  Pictures will help us help you.

The welding on the front subframe area is pretty much at the Base of the bulkhead where it bends round to the footwell.

Pretty much expected to have a decent amount of welding to have done so all in all not a huge shock.

20171004_085028.jpg

20171004_085226.jpg

20171004_085014.jpg

20171004_134249.jpg

Edited by Kelvin berry

  • Author
23 minutes ago, Kelvin berry said:

The welding on the front subframe area is pretty much at the Base of the bulkhead where it bends round to the footwell.

Pretty much expected to have a decent amount of welding to have done so all in all not a huge shock.

20171004_085028.jpg

20171004_085226.jpg

20171004_085014.jpg

20171004_134249.jpg

Apologies for the handwriting but this is the rewritten mot failure list, my hand writingsnot much better than the mot guy.

20171004_085014.jpg

20171004_085226.jpg

20171004_085028.jpg

  • Author
3 hours ago, Kelvin berry said:

Apologies for the handwriting but this is the rewritten mot failure list, my hand writingsnot much better than the mot guy.

20171004_085014.jpg

20171004_085226.jpg

20171004_085028.jpg

Is anyone close to sapcote in leicestershire,  I could do with some help with the welding .

I've spent the afternoon visiting local bodyshops asking for a quote for the work to be done, but I keep getting the feeling that they don't want the job. I can't weld myself so I'm gonna need help.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.