January 8, 201610 yr comment_211260 Hi All, Noticed this Cavalier on Gumtree today, nice but not for me. https://www.gumtree.com/p/vauxhall/vx-cavalier-mk2/1147212707 Report
January 8, 201610 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_211262 A "mint," L for £2.5k......maybe the prices are on the up. Looks nice, must be the LX wheels Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR Renault 5e daily (french go kart) Report
January 8, 201610 yr Author comment_211265 Hi, Trying to cast my mind back, I think on an 89 model these wheels also came with "L" model as option?? Probably old age getting the better though. Report
January 11, 201610 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_211312 No idea......I have never bought a new car. Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR Renault 5e daily (french go kart) Report
January 12, 201610 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_211325 13 hours ago, steviej72 said: It's a nice clean car but not worth that kind of money You say that but with the SRI130s getting £5 to 7k maybe the winds have changed Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR Renault 5e daily (french go kart) Report
January 12, 201610 yr Author comment_211330 Meant to add StevieJ72 quote "It's a nice clean car but not worth that kind of money" On 12/01/2016, 12:05:35, Greg said: You say that but with the SRI130s getting £5 to 7k maybe the winds have changed Remember, value is what you are looking for and what your prepared to spend. A guide price is a ball park figure which is an average of good and bad examples. I work in sales and firmly believe people will spend any amounts getting what they want however there is the bargain hunters that scour the Earth looking for deals and do not spend more than rock bottom. I think personally that the value of Cavaliers and other 80s retro cars will start seeing increases. An old You Tube video shows a Seirra Saphire Corsworth 2 years old with 20,000mls going for £6-7k. Now 25 years later a RS500 Cosworth is for sale just now for £65,000 (correct amount of zeros) with 40.000mls!!! Edited January 13, 201610 yr by Steve 1002 Needed to add quote Report
January 13, 201610 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_211342 I buy my vehicles for keeps. 3 LXs will probably become 2 when parts become scarce and the GLi was a bit of a one off but it was a good price and local so had to have it As you say, the market forces will decide in the end, and if someone wants a good one, they will have to pay to prise it away from an enthusiast. Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR Renault 5e daily (french go kart) Report
January 14, 201610 yr comment_211350 I agree with what you're saying but when I had mine for sale last August I couldn't get any serious buyers at £1200 and mine is as clean as that with half the miles Report
January 16, 201610 yr comment_211368 That cars been up for sale for a long time so he can't be getting any serious interest in it. Report
January 19, 201610 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_211446 On 14/01/2016 14:06:41, steviej72 said: I agree with what you're saying but when I had mine for sale last August I couldn't get any serious buyers at £1200 and mine is as clean as that with half the miles You should have put some LX wheels on it (joke) Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR Renault 5e daily (french go kart) Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.