September 6, 201511 yr comment_210086 All up and running now chap. Thank you all for your help[img width=527 height=376]http://i357.photobucket.com/albums/oo11/blackbitch_02/Mobile%20Uploads/Screenshot_2015-07-20-22-59-03-1_1.png[img width=800 height=450]http://i357.photobucket.com/albums/oo11/blackbitch_02/Mobile%20Uploads/20150906_182034.jpg Report
September 6, 201511 yr Author comment_210089 I had no power to the injectors mate so I carb her Report
September 6, 201511 yr comment_210090 Excellent news mate. The airbox that I have won't fit on that carb tho. Do you still want the chrome trim? Report
September 6, 201511 yr comment_210092 bet your chuffed as nuts sometime less is more the main thing is the cav is running so you can drive her about and get her back on the road don't junk the injection gear you may need it in the future i see your running the carb without the fuel pump on the cam carrier are you running the electric pump on a loop system Report
September 6, 201511 yr Author comment_210093 Hiya ken yer I'm chuffed and yer I'm using the electric pump on the loom just got to change it tomorrow to a tick tick pump as the one on her is over fueling her. Just a few more things to do then put her in for a mot and find a air box for it Report
September 6, 201511 yr comment_210094 not suprised its over fueling lol easy fix is to by pass the electric pump at the rear and fit a manual pump on the cam carrier just remove the 2 bolts and the blanking plate and fit manual punp in its place the carb your using is a pierburg 2e as used on mk3 cavs air filter kit on ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RAMAIR-Carb-Air-Filters-With-Baseplate-Pierburg-2E2-2E3-2E-E-40mm-Bolt-On-/350692519541?hash=item51a6e72e75check for correct fitment as they come in different sizes Report
September 6, 201511 yr Author comment_210095 Cheers ken I will do that and thanks for the link Report
September 7, 201511 yr comment_210098 All up and running now chap. Thank you all for your help[img width=527 height=376]http://i357.photobucket.com/albums/oo11/blackbitch_02/Mobile%20Uploads/Screenshot_2015-07-20-22-59-03-1_1.png[img width=800 height=450]http://i357.photobucket.com/albums/oo11/blackbitch_02/Mobile%20Uploads/20150906_182034.jpgWell done good work I bet your well chuffed!! Report
September 7, 201511 yr Author comment_210101 Yer I am Steven715 just a few thing to sort out then get her in for a mot Report
September 8, 201511 yr comment_210110 Ken, not all 18e cam housings have a blanking plate over the man pump position, so it may need a change of cam housing as I had to do with the housing from the 1.6. Report
September 9, 201511 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_210120 Glad its running. All that effort has paid off 8) Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR Renault 5e daily (french go kart) Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.