Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MK2CAV.COM

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SHE IS RUNNING

Featured Replies

  • Author

I had no power to the injectors mate so I carb her

Excellent news mate.

The airbox that I have won't fit on that carb tho.

Do you still want the chrome trim?

bet your chuffed as nuts sometime less is more the main thing is the cav is running so you can drive her about and get her back on the road don't junk the injection gear you may need it in the future i see your running the carb without the fuel pump on the  cam carrier are you running the electric pump on a loop system

  • Author

Hiya ken yer I'm chuffed and yer I'm using the electric pump on the loom just got to change it tomorrow to a tick tick pump as the one on her is over fueling her. Just a few more things to do then put her in for a mot and find a air box for it

not suprised its over fueling lol easy fix is to by pass the electric pump at the rear and fit a manual pump on the cam carrier just remove the 2 bolts and the blanking plate and fit manual punp in its place the carb your using is a pierburg 2e as used on mk3 cavs air filter kit on ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RAMAIR-Carb-Air-Filters-With-Baseplate-Pierburg-2E2-2E3-2E-E-40mm-Bolt-On-/350692519541?hash=item51a6e72e75

check for correct fitment as they come in different sizes

  • Author

Cheers ken I will do that and thanks for the link

  • Author

Yer I am Steven715 just a few thing to sort out then get her in for a mot

Ken, not all 18e cam housings have a blanking plate over the man pump position, so it may need a change of cam housing as I had to do with the housing from the 1.6.

  • Author

Mine hasn't go one ever so leccy pump it is

  • CLUB MEMBER

Glad its running.  All that effort has paid off 8)

Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR

Renault 5e daily (french go kart)

  • Author

Yer Greg it has and I was think of selling her

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.