Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MK2CAV.COM

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The only way I can get my car to run

Featured Replies

[img width=800 height=1422]http://i357.photobucket.com/albums/oo11/blackbitch_02/Mobile%20Uploads/20150829_162239.jpg

[img width=800 height=1422]http://i357.photobucket.com/albums/oo11/blackbitch_02/Mobile%20Uploads/20150829_162250.jpg

I pit a wire in to injector 4 and the other end in to the black wire of the fuel pump relay and she will run but only with trottle and as soon as I let off it dies

try moving the throttle switch clockwise until you hear it click then start her up

  • Author

Ok kensascona ill try that. But I can leave it like it to drive round can I as it done look safe. I'm thinking of sell it and buying a different one  as it is doing my head in mate as I just won't it on the road now

don't lose heart mate we will get it sorted just look how far you have come i drove my ascona about with the injectors wired up in a similar fasion until i could fix the problem properly i'll send you a wiring diagram of the same system i used on mine if push comes to shove i'll tell you how to convert it to run on a carburettor far lesshassle than buying another cav

  • Author

Kensascona would the temperature sender cause it not to run ???? As someone has just told me it would

  • CLUB MEMBER

No

 The saviour of mk2 cavs & ascona's

Kensascona would the temperature sender cause it not to run ???? As someone has just told me it would

If that was stuffed it would be very hard to start when cold.

it wont run if the temp sensor is unplugged ,don't know about if its faulty

  • Author

Cheers steve I'm going to get on just in case they r only a couple of quid

it wont run if the temp sensor is unplugged ,don't know about if its faulty

A 1.8e will just very badly.

  • Author

Hiya all what is the difference between the 2.0 and the 1.8 ecu wiring loom as someone said to me that I could have the 2.0 ecu wiring loom that's y my car wot run

Just had a look at mine ,the plug with 4 wires ,black wire is live ,as is green with engine not running or running ,but the red wire is only live with engine running  ,the green wire with a test light on it pulses very very fast with engine running

Where in the country are you .if you are down my end (essex) am sure between ken and i we could sort it out 

  • Author

Hiya Steve I'm in barnstaple north devon no where near you

I was in Barnstaple on Sunday taking my kids to the Milkyway Theme park!

I also bought my Vectra C in Barnstaple back in April this year!!

Shame as we could have swapped bits and compaired wiring till we got yours going

  • Author

Typical storming and yer we could of steve it would be nice to find some one down ere with the same engine so we could do that. But I'm thinking of carbing it now

You was asking about the ecu ,has your one still got the code on it ? 

  • Author

I have two ecu mate for it. R the ecu wiring different between the 1.8 and 2.0

  • Author

Ok mate I have the right loom then

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.