August 29, 201511 yr comment_209920 [img width=800 height=1422]http://i357.photobucket.com/albums/oo11/blackbitch_02/Mobile%20Uploads/20150829_162239.jpg[img width=800 height=1422]http://i357.photobucket.com/albums/oo11/blackbitch_02/Mobile%20Uploads/20150829_162250.jpgI pit a wire in to injector 4 and the other end in to the black wire of the fuel pump relay and she will run but only with trottle and as soon as I let off it dies Report
August 29, 201511 yr comment_209921 try moving the throttle switch clockwise until you hear it click then start her up Report
August 29, 201511 yr Author comment_209923 Ok kensascona ill try that. But I can leave it like it to drive round can I as it done look safe. I'm thinking of sell it and buying a different one as it is doing my head in mate as I just won't it on the road now Report
August 29, 201511 yr comment_209925 don't lose heart mate we will get it sorted just look how far you have come i drove my ascona about with the injectors wired up in a similar fasion until i could fix the problem properly i'll send you a wiring diagram of the same system i used on mine if push comes to shove i'll tell you how to convert it to run on a carburettor far lesshassle than buying another cav Report
August 29, 201511 yr Author comment_209930 Kensascona would the temperature sender cause it not to run ???? As someone has just told me it would Report
August 30, 201511 yr comment_209933 Kensascona would the temperature sender cause it not to run ???? As someone has just told me it wouldIf that was stuffed it would be very hard to start when cold. Report
August 30, 201511 yr comment_209936 it wont run if the temp sensor is unplugged ,don't know about if its faulty Report
August 30, 201511 yr Author comment_209937 Cheers steve I'm going to get on just in case they r only a couple of quid Report
August 30, 201511 yr comment_209941 it wont run if the temp sensor is unplugged ,don't know about if its faultyA 1.8e will just very badly. Report
August 31, 201511 yr Author comment_209972 Hiya all what is the difference between the 2.0 and the 1.8 ecu wiring loom as someone said to me that I could have the 2.0 ecu wiring loom that's y my car wot run Report
September 1, 201511 yr comment_209975 Just had a look at mine ,the plug with 4 wires ,black wire is live ,as is green with engine not running or running ,but the red wire is only live with engine running ,the green wire with a test light on it pulses very very fast with engine running Report
September 1, 201511 yr comment_209987 Where in the country are you .if you are down my end (essex) am sure between ken and i we could sort it out Report
September 1, 201511 yr Author comment_209988 Hiya Steve I'm in barnstaple north devon no where near you Report
September 1, 201511 yr comment_209989 I was in Barnstaple on Sunday taking my kids to the Milkyway Theme park!I also bought my Vectra C in Barnstaple back in April this year!! Report
September 1, 201511 yr comment_209990 Shame as we could have swapped bits and compaired wiring till we got yours going Report
September 1, 201511 yr Author comment_209991 Typical storming and yer we could of steve it would be nice to find some one down ere with the same engine so we could do that. But I'm thinking of carbing it now Report
September 1, 201511 yr comment_209996 You was asking about the ecu ,has your one still got the code on it ? Report
September 1, 201511 yr Author comment_209999 I have two ecu mate for it. R the ecu wiring different between the 1.8 and 2.0 Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.