Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MK2CAV.COM

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hello from sunny Halifax!

Featured Replies

Greetings everyone, I'm a new member and have a 'new' car! A couple of weeks ago I decided the garage I work at should have a proper 'modern classic' and as I served my time with Vauxhall from 1986-1993 the obvious choice was a Mk2. Bought one off ebay in Worcester and drove it home 175 miles after being unused and unloved for 2 years. I felt instantly at home again when I slid behind the wheel! It's an '87 1.6L saloon in Monaco Blue which was supplied new by Midlothian at Holmfirth. looking forward to the experience! :) :) :)

Greetings to sunny Halifax and welcome to the site  ( my ancestral family come from Halifax and Cornholme ) there is a load of useful information and experience on here probably covering all Cav issues and problems. I had my 130 saloon in 1994 as a daily whilst running various MG, Triumph TR and Sunbeam 2 seaters. Like you i decided on the 130 as a more modern classic although at that time most MK2 Cavs were still mostly cheap boy racer bangers or tradesmans working cars as in the case of estates.

  • Author

I don't want to appear to thick but what's the easiest way I can upload images? I've joined imageshack and tried to cut and paste but all I saw was the text, no images! Cheers men

I don't want to appear to thick but what's the easiest way I can upload images? I've joined imageshack and tried to cut and paste but all I saw was the text, no images! Cheers men

Use photobucket mate, but more reliable.

  • CLUB MEMBER

Welcome on board.

No pics means its not real ;)

Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR

Renault 5e daily (french go kart)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.