October 17, 200520 yr comment_20540 hi guys, (and girlies) im Joe, i live near Andy and Dougie and have been successfuly converted over the past few weeks to like Cavs, i dont as yet own one, but do have a vauxhall (Corsa C) got an insurance quote for an Sri of £4k :'( so wont be going down that route for a while lol :HaDougie and Andy have been moaning for a while that i never joined on here so here i am. i might have seen one or two of you(cant realy remember at the Vauxhall Ford show in Coventry a few weeks ago with Dougie) anyway enough of the Essay writing.Hi Report
October 17, 200520 yr comment_20542 hi epiphany i'm also new here didnt even know about this site till about a week agowell enjoy your stay 8) 8) 8) [smiley=rolleyes.gif] [smiley=rolleyes.gif] [smiley=rolleyes.gif] :p Report
October 17, 200520 yr comment_20569 Welcome to the wonderful and wacky world of mk2 cavs ;D£4k for a mk2 SRi, whats going on there then ??? Report
October 17, 200520 yr comment_20570 welcome to the madhouse ;D ;D yer,that's a bit high 4 a cav aint it? :o Report
October 18, 200520 yr comment_20599 Welcome to the wonderful and wacky world of mk2 cavs ;D£4k for a mk2 SRi, whats going on there then ???its because i am only 19, insurance companies have a thing about young people. Report
October 18, 200520 yr comment_20602 its because i am only 19, insurance companies have a thing about young people. They take the piss. Think of a figure you'd be prepared to pay call this £X - PHONE around and say you've had a quote of £X + 10% and you were hoping they can do better. EVENTUALLY you will get someone to bite with a real quote near to it but keep going until you get to what you think is reasonable. I reckon you'd need to make 40 calls it might take all day or a week, but you must be able to get it for under a grand. Note : For Blokes : PUT a girl on your insurance !!!! OLDER sister is good if you have no partner. For Girls : Don't put a bloke on your insurance, mother is good unless she's got convictions for Drunk in Charge.Note 2 : Give them a Registration Number, because if you ring up and say you ain't bought the car yet, they can't really be bothered, cause there's only a small chance of business. Tell them it's your car. Once you get quote, changing the reg number ain't gonna matter Report
October 18, 200520 yr comment_20603 £4k SRi And remember that the 1.8i's in CDi/GLSi/LXi/NONE SPORTING badge, are just as quick as 1.8 SRi's, and the 1.6 L is not that slow. The SRI 130 is a bit quicker, but I don't think it really makes much odds. Report
October 18, 200520 yr comment_20616 hi m8 and welcome to the site ;Dyou,ll get all the help you need in here ;) Report
October 18, 200520 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_20618 heheh glad you made it mate! Let me know when your up for a nother metal slug / super side kicks / burnout / arcade machine thrash!! Report
October 18, 200520 yr comment_20640 tonight??i will be bored, my work internet a bit messed up.got a quote down to of 1500 so far. Report
October 18, 200520 yr comment_20649 Hola I've found a couple of decent quotes on the Calibre (18 years old, Class B post code, £1800)... Give http://www.quotea.co.uk a try, phone them up though - You get better quotes Report
October 18, 200520 yr comment_20651 tonight??i will be bored, my work internet a bit messed up.got a quote down to of 1500 so far. Tried Adrian Flux yet ???Got a super quote for insurance on an RS Turbo from them, i was only 19 and had 3 points on my license Paying just over £300 quid now for the SRi, im only 22 How about classic insurance ??? Report
October 19, 200520 yr comment_20682 tonight??i will be bored, my work internet a bit messed up.got a quote down to of 1500 so far. Keep Going. I reckon you should give yourself a challenge of £999 or less. Another question : Is that TPFT or Comprehensive ? I ask because sometimes Comprehensive will be less than TPFT. Just to make you laugh or Cry. I'm 38, have a Liverpool Postcode, have had 3 accidents in the last 4 years, (2 of which I wrote off ASTRA's and were my fault and 1 of which went to the small claims court and I won), Protected FULL No claims bonus, Parked in street, no need for security, wife on policy, It's my one and only car, and I pay ? £286 FULLY COMP. If it were a second car, low mileage with agreed value classic policy they'd do it for £238. If I had a 3 Door Sierra Cosworth with Whale tail I could get it for £1046 limited to 12K per year. Although I did have 2 companies DECLINE to quote and one want £2500. Report
October 19, 200520 yr comment_20726 but do have a vauxhall (Corsa C) got an insurance quote for an Sri of £4k :'( so wont be going down that route for a while lol :Ha Insure a Mk2 Cav on classic car insurance. I do it for one of my cars and because it is a second car it can go on a limited mileage policy too. If you keep the Corsa it might be an idea?? Report
October 20, 200520 yr comment_20729 you may want to try norwich union or tesco i know i'm female so its cheap but they have given good quotes for my husband in the past 22 years old with a gsi carlton 3l was only about £400 tpft per year with norwich union so AND ALWAYS SAY YOU HAD A QUOTE FOR THE PRICE YOU WANT THAT WAY THEY AT LEASE TRY OTHERWISE THEY JUST THINK OF A NUMBER LOLi've heard a company called lancaster insurance are good for classic but we've not tried them yetGOOD LUCK Report
October 20, 200520 yr comment_20747 HiHave you tried Footman James?They were really cheap for my Stag £170 FC, ULM and Value of £8kIt's worth a phone call.It really pisses me off, that you can get quotes that are so wide apart from each other, I know I got them. One insurance company said £1,200 and like I said FJ £170.How can this be so, you only get the same insurance cover. Not a free weekend in Milan and a Gucci handbag for the wife as a complimentary gift.Then I could understand it.It's bollox! Report
October 20, 200520 yr comment_20748 It really pisses me off, that you can get quotes that are so wide apart from each other, I know I got them. One insurance company said £1,200 and like I said FJ £170.How can this be so, It's bollox!It's statistics and how you cut them to show trends. For Instance I'm in LIVERPOOL - If you just do liverpool postcodes I expect that they are pretty bad ? I'm in L37 - I bet that's better, but at one end of L37 we have millionaires row(s) where the number of FLASH cars is out of proportion. X5's and Boxters are seen as mundane. The number of cars that disappear in the night, taken from drives with the keys found in the kitchen draw, or when people are out is also out of proportion.But I'm in L37 8BT - No self respecting Thief is going to bother down our way. Assuming the thiefs are from out of the area and come into town from L8 then between Mersey Rail's stations and me is plenty of more exotic and expensive machinery. Now If one insurance company cuts it 'wrong' they'll have my house down as a high risk and another will have it as a low risk. Same with age or type of car. The insurance industry had 3 or 4 years at the start of the 90's when they decided Hot Hatches were bad. So they upped the cost of insuring them, but hey young males from a certain social class still crashed and their cars still disappeared in the night. The problem with statistics is the difference between correlation and causation. There is a direct statistical link between number of Ice creams sold in australian costal towns and the number of shark attacks. This is correlation. Does the numberr of ice creams cause the number of shark bites ? Because some insurance brokers have recognised that modifiers love their cars they see a direct link between this and the likelyhood of a claim. Modifiers are less likely to leave a car in a dodgy area, less likely to drive it into a wall in the rain showing off, more likely to utilise the power and speed in the dry in a safe manner and therefore more likely to have a few points. Thus some companies can make more money by concentrating on one group. Report
October 22, 200520 yr comment_20888 Hi m8 welcome.Insurance, shop around this is what happened to me.Got a quote for the cabby the other day £165 fully comp and just me as a driver 7000 miles, left on drive. If I declared the 2" sport exhaust I got for it, then it would have been £420.Currently paying £230 on K plate Ford Skip (escort) TPF&T same mileage etc. ??? This is worth more than the car :Ha :HaMakes no sense to me. [img width=160 height=120]http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h373/ianblayney68/th_sk2.jpg Report
October 23, 200520 yr comment_20970 Just had a thought, how about buying an LX/LXi instead of an SRi ??? theyre insurance friendly with SRi (ish) looks Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.