February 8, 201412 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_197541 Hey, it's stopped raining, the sun's shining (briefly) and I can finally, after a couple of months, get some photos of B407BMC:Four-speed Base model (opposite end of the model spectrum to most people on this board), first registered in November 1984 (1985 model according to the VIN plate). Appears to be a genuine 33,700 miles, two previous owners, MOT'd, SORN'd since 2008 but drives well and getting better as things loosen up (the heater blower has stopped squeaking for example). Probably needs a service as the last one documented was in 2005 - the service book doesn't list a 29-year service so I'm not sure.I blame howmanyleft.com for this. Marian's got a 1995 Mk III Cavalier CDX auto: 1,300 built, 47 left. Then she decided she wanted something older as a restoration project and we found this locally (14 on the road - now 15 -and 22 SORN). Just waiting for some warmer weather to really start on it.I had a series of Mk I & II cavvy L's as company cars back in the day, several of which had 30k miles on the clock when they came to me so that's why I think the mileage is genuine, so distinct feeling of familiar surroundings. (Though still getting used to having a choke again!) Marian had the same feeling as she'd driven my D-reg I bought off the company (although she always preferred her Nova).Aim is to get some restoration done and drive to Billing this year. When I have a bit more time, I'll put something up on the Projects forum when time permits.Mick Report
February 8, 201412 yr comment_197543 Cracking example mate always good to see another cav on the road Report
February 8, 201412 yr comment_197544 Looking good mick look forward to seeing more photos as you progress. There's still a few estates on here albeit mostly modified so good to see a nice original example. Good luck with it and enjoy Report
February 8, 201412 yr comment_197552 That looks really tidy! Great to see another MK2 getting some love and attention. Keep us all posted please ;D Report
February 8, 201412 yr comment_197554 Welcome to the site, you will find a good source of help on here. Excellant to see another low mileage estate Here is mine that I run for work everyday 1.6 L 4 speed (runs on LPG) This was 26K on the clock when I bought it.[img width=800 height=600]http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a599/vauxhallestatemk2/SNB20915_zpse0f57ae4.jpg Report
February 8, 201412 yr comment_197556 heres some of my current estates 1.6 diesel used as a daily at the minute[img width=800 height=600]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a274/newbody/cav%20derv/3f24e3fc.jpgmy 1.6 gold estate still factory origionalused from time to time [img width=800 height=600]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a274/newbody/estate%202/IMG_2025_zps480aab1c.jpgmy blue estate slightly modified :D[img width=640 height=480]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a274/newbody/The%20Bogey/bogey2009billing.jpgand last but not least the last estate before i started cutting it up before[img width=800 height=600]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a274/newbody/e519dpm%20blue%20estate/DSCF0139.jpgcurrently[img width=800 height=600]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a274/newbody/e519dpm%20blue%20estate/IMG_2455_zps8856ed1b.jpg Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.