Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MK2CAV.COM

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

new club member

Featured Replies

Hi everyone,

I have been looking at the site and the forum for some time now and have just sent off my paypal payment to join fully.

I live in East Sussex and have had various mk2's over the years, plus countless other models of the Vauxhall family.

I currently run a modded cabby mk2, very low, 17's etc, 1.8 with K&N, exhaust etc, not as mad as some on here. Plus I also run a 2001 Astra Coupe 2.2, modded again with 17's, lowered, stainless Remus system, Courtenay filter. My wife has an 03 Astra estate, standard aprt from 16" Irmscher rims and I also own a 2004 Vivaro Sportive van, alloys air con etc.

So as you can see I am well into my Vauxhalls !!!! Have been to Billing two or three times over the years and always found it fun.

Hope to chat to some of you soon.

Regards

Jim.

Welcome Jim, from down the road, do you have any pics?, and where in E Sussex are you?

Welcome mate, about time we had some more mk2 owners down this way :)

any pics of this fine beast? ;D

  • Author

I live in Bexhill, down on the coast, ideal cabby territory. If you can tell me how to get some pics on here i will post one up.

Thanks

Jim.

Go to the main front page at www.mk2cav.com

then : Site Community  

then : Image shack up load

then : Browse

then : Host it

Then : Copy the thumbnail for forum 2  

Then : Paste it on your post.  

hi jim+welcome to the asylum  :Ha :Ha [smiley=rolleyes.gif],hope u enjoy  ;D

  • Author

Thanks for the piccy posting info, hopefully you should be able to see these ones.

20040918182711aa3dy.th.jpg

Here she is then..

Since this was taken at Billing a couple of years ago, the sills have been resprayed in red, after removing the nasty black underseal.

20040605160741aa2rp.th.jpg

Excuse the wigs, but this is my mate and I, off to Newquay for "Run to the Sun" weekend, been going for 12 years now. If you are into cars you must have heard of it..

dscf01091vm.th.jpg

The rims are TSW Imolas, with the spoke faces all stripped and polished, carbon centre trims and correct clips, very touring car and getting old skool now. The ride is as hard as a hard thing being very hard !!! Almost too hard, but is looks good, so bugger the shakes and bumps !!!! Had to seriously modify a set of already lowered springs to suit.

Oh yeah, excuse the tow bar in the first pic. It was only fitted to tow a trailer to Billing with all the camping gear, beer etc. With three peeps in the car, there was not much room for the very large tent.

Very nice mate, look forward to seeing it

Hi Ho Bud ;D

I live in Bexhill, down on the coast, ideal cabby territory. If you can tell me how to get some pics on here i will post one up.

Thanks

Jim.

Back in August 2004 I posted a thread about a Purple Calibre Kitted Convertible in Bexhill I'd seen whilst on holiday in Hastings.  Have you seen that one about ?

  • Author

Back in August 2004 I posted a thread about a Purple Calibre Kitted Convertible in Bexhill I'd seen whilst on holiday in Hastings.  Have you seen that one about ?

No, I can't say I have seen it about. I am around and about quite a lot and my mates would have said by now if it was a local car. Maybe they were on hols too !!!! Or perhaps it is like mine and you need Popeye arms to steer it, being lowered with 17's and NO power steering it can be hard work round town, but that's no excuse to leave it sitting in the garage is it ???

As I mentioned then, theres a purple one in Orpington, I think the guy is Boo Boo, It has a Calibre kit.

  • Author

Well thanks for the welcome guys. Nice to be aboard.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.