Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MK2CAV.COM

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Irish member..

Featured Replies

Hi guys. Been a member here for a few years but have never posted. My first love is classic Fiats (Mirafioris mainly) but having had 2 Mk 2 Cavs and the equivalent Ascona Luxus all in a row.....All red 1600s and back the early 80s, I've always had a longing to get another. I had a Mk 3 as a company car in 1990 (1400 basic) which was great at the time but I really liked the Mk 2s.

I've been trawling the Internet looking for the right car to buy for some time now. It's got to be a series 3, one of the better specc'd models eg LX and up, totally original, preferably in mint condition and low miles. Not too concerned with price for the right car. Ideal would be a SRi 130..... But they seem to come up rarely in the condition I'm looking for.

Something like this would be ideal.

[img width=640 height=480]http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx305/kev132/image.jpg~original

For some reason there is a huge choice of well preserved LHD Asconas available on the continent. Some nice two door saloon versions too.... :)

Anyway, thanks for reading and any suggestions welcome...  :)

Congratulations on a great site by the way. The events gallery looks like great fun. I also see that you have ambitions for a Euro run. We've done this in our club every year since 2007 with next year set for Turin as the Fiat 131 is 40 years old. They are the highlight of the year..every year and I can't recommend them enough. Needless to say when I find the right Cavalier I'll be attending!!  :D

Hi mate and welcome aboard. Good luck with the search. Nice ones do turn up from time to time, you just have to have your ear to the ground and be quick  :)

  • Author

Thanks for that..Matt?

From reading the postings I see you're like me and like originality. I think it's the best way to remember these cars although there are some tasty looking modded cars on this site too.  :)

From reading the postings I see you're like me and like originality. I think it's the best way to remember these cars

Yep!  ;) ;D

  • CLUB MEMBER

Rabbit has a 1.6 gl saloon in Monaco blue for sale 15k on clock for £700 very nice car

  • Author

Rabbit has a 1.6 gl saloon in Monaco blue for sale 15k on clock for £700 very nice car

Yes I saw that thanks. Waiting for the formal advert and good pics.  :)

  • CLUB MEMBER

I've been trawling the Internet looking for the right car to buy for some time now. It's got to be a series 3, one of the better specc'd models eg LX

Welcome to the site........agreed, you need an LX don't let the others convince you otherwise ;D  There is a fairly tidy looking one going for £1450 on ebay recently, but it never sold (blue saloon).  I contacted them for a cheeky offer but alas no.  Let me know if you are interested and I can email them again to see if its still available.

Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR

Renault 5e daily (french go kart)

  • Author

Thanks for the welcome.  :)

Yes I think I remember that one. Maybe around 58k miles...and a solid blue? I think it was on the garage main website too for £1950ish so I'm not surprised a low offer was refused. Another went on Ebay a few weeks earlier ..metallic blue saloon I think for about similar money ie £1450. They look great if you're not bothered about about having the ultimate performance models.

At the time I was only 80% interested but something happened while on holiday and if the right car came up I think I'd go for it. I have the space in my garage so no real excuses. :D

having seen Rabbits car in the flesh, its a proper time warp car and well worth a chat with the man, if your serious about a cav if you view Rabbits you will be driving home in it, by the way welcome to the site  :D

having seen Rabbits car in the flesh, its a proper time warp car and well worth a chat with the man, if your serious about a cav if you view Rabbits you will be driving home in it, by the way welcome to the site  :D

I can vouch for this too.

So can i,he lives about 2 miles from me and i can confirm its a goodun having seen it many times.

Welcome to the site mate. Hope you find a car soon.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.