October 7, 201214 yr comment_179274 VBOA have confirmed that Billing next year has been booked for the weekend of the 12/13/14 July as forecast.I would think that the only thing that would move it would be if the F1 British Grand Prix moves from its announced date of the end of June.More info after the next VBOA meeting in February. Report
October 7, 201214 yr comment_179275 i'll get me canoe then., will tickets be supplied on a like for like basis following this years washout. i didnt end up phoning through but i do have the booking paperwork. Report
October 7, 201214 yr comment_179276 i'll get me canoe then., will tickets be supplied on a like for like basis following this years washout. i didnt end up phoning through but i do have the booking paperwork.It was clear today, from the feedback from all the other clubs at the VBOA meeting, that there is a degree of confusion over this and it was pointed out that in dealing with Billing we ought to bear in mind that Billing's booking conditions allow them to cancel due to 'act of God etc' with no refund. In recognition of the 30 years we have been there, with no previous cancellation (it was a bit wet in 2007 tho'!), they allowed 'credits' as an act of goodwill to VBOA. That offer could have timed out.Billing seem to have said different things to different people at different times. Some have got credits whilst others, in identical circumstances have not. The only thing that you can do is to ring them and check what the position is in your particular case with the paperwork you have. Do not be surprised if they offer nothing and please be 'gentle' with them, they are only carrying out orders!In the past this situation was not envisaged so next year VBOA are going to get it clarified in advance, even if it is no refunds.We do of course have the option of not paying in advance (getting the discount) but of paying on the gate on arrival or taking out insurance. It is just a question of who takes the financial risk. Report
October 7, 201214 yr comment_179279 No worries, i wouldnt think any worse of them if they said no refunds as the conditions were way out of anyones control, flood control or not, the fact is as soon as they realised the conditions were potentially unsafe they acted and cleared the site and as far as i know no-one got hurt ( except Clara's finger), plus they did open the main centre as a refuge point. Things could have been much worse had they left it with the combination of high alcohol consumption and flooded tents. Report
October 23, 201213 yr comment_179910 Booked my Premier Inn! And finally I got the one that is pretty much on the Billing main gate! ;D Report
October 23, 201213 yr comment_179914 I shall be booking a caravan early, but can't get confirmation from work of the Monday off so I can stay Sunday night as well. I have to wait until January. *sighs* Report
October 24, 201213 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_179993 Balls.....I have booked the family holiday leaving on the 13th so cannot make it. At least thats a good omen that it might be finished ;D Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR Renault 5e daily (french go kart) Report
November 24, 201213 yr comment_181092 I have been put on short time at work for the forseeable future, so there's no way I dare book a caravan that will cost nearly £400 (with the pet allowance) in January now :'(I have been looking at the Travel Lodge about five miles away, as they do take doggies, so mum and the "kids" would still be able to come as the fee including pets for two nights is only £80. The thing is, mum really doesn't walk well so I'd need my car to get her around. Would the club allow me an end spot so I can come and go to get back to the hotel etc? I shall wait to book as yet, anyway, just in case circumstances change for the better, as I think the hotel lets you have any room with pets compared to the couple of vans only Billing has.Just checking really to see if I can be put somewhere flexible so I can still do the weekend rather than a day, if the worst comes to the worst job wise. Report
November 24, 201213 yr comment_181093 cant see it being a problem Dawn, although after last year a canoe might be more use ;D Report
November 24, 201213 yr comment_181094 Did you know the place is evacuated right now again? Not a good sign lol! I'd probably be better in the hotel anyway! Report
November 24, 201213 yr comment_181095 Did you know the place is evacuated right now again? Not a good sign lol! I'd probably be better in the hotel anyway! It is a flood plain and one good reason for the show not being in November!!!As to your parking position, I can't see it being a problem at all. Cars come and go on each day anyway. It is not as if this is a protocol and rules heavy Club Report
November 24, 201213 yr comment_181096 Cheers John When work told us of the position, I was quite disapointed to think I might miss things, so this is a good fix it option for me if my job doesn't improve in time! Being onsite would have been better, but I know the hotel option worked well for Anni, so at least I now have that to fall back on! Its actually a good thing to know that Travel Lodge do take the dogs, as if work does improve, I might be able to do shows further afield next year! Report
January 4, 201313 yr comment_182476 Good news! It looks like I'm back on full time next week. Got some stuff to catch up on like new specs etc, but should be good to get Nick on the road and get a caravan to do the whole weekend! Going to call over the weekend and see how things lie with booking, but they just ironically sent me a money off leaflet so if I book in the next 3 weeks I can save a small fortune (pets go free etc) Very excited again now! Work also passed my Monday 15th holiday, so barring all three cars buggering up, I should be doing Fri, Sat and Sunday!!! Actually, as long as Billing take my booking with pets, I WILL be doing all weekend, cav or not lol! So missed not doing this last year, and I've only done one in 2011! Must try and mingle more, though. I did find it a tad difficult if I'm honest, not knowing who is who! I know cavs, not people! Next question will be Bolly or Nick...they both should be raodworthy by then, but which to choose as I can't drive both.... Report
January 4, 201313 yr comment_182478 haha i know that problem well i had to decide weather to bring the sr/e or the gold ascona auto last year but billing being flooded made my mind up for me don't forget to pack an inflatable dingy for the years show ;D ;D Report
January 4, 201313 yr comment_182479 Perhaps we should all wear stickers with our club names on eg mine would be neilsri130. We did something like this in the TR6 stand a few years ago, worked well however i like most members removed them when leaving our stand area. Report
January 4, 201313 yr comment_182480 Well, last year the caravan peeps go to stay, so I'm hoping I'm "semi" safe lol! Hope so, as I can't swim!!!! I feel I should bring Bolly as lots of peeps know her from Brett, and her previous owner Neil would love to see her at a show, but then again, Nick hasn't had any attention yet at all, and I feel he is a bit of a gem for what I paid. Argh...I guess I'll let fate decide this one, maybe! Name tags might be an idea, but I tried it at a convention once, and as you say, Neil, peeps take them off lol! I think the main thing is, I felt silly approaching people I didn't know or recognize. Its hard for me, so many guys, but you chaps only have me, Anni, Steffi and the other regular gals/wives etc - which can't be that many you don't know. Soooo, if you see me ambling around an auto Cav, please introduce yourself, I'm the one and only auto loving girl in the club, methinks hehehe! Report
January 4, 201313 yr comment_182481 i am having problems getting the time off work ,shane as the kids thought it was brilliant getting flooded out last year ;D Report
January 4, 201313 yr comment_182482 I was sure I was stuffed at work, Steve, I couldn't get it last year, but somehow its happened. Now the caravan, and my mission is complete! Oh, and some sun. Sun would be really nice this year.... Report
January 4, 201313 yr comment_182483 I was sure I was stuffed at work, Steve, I couldn't get it last year, but somehow its happened. Now the caravan, and my mission is complete! Oh, and some sun. Sun would be really nice this year.... don't worry Dawn, everybody hates me and i'm still here to tell the tale. Most people are pretty easy to recognise to be honest.....a soft irish voice would pretty much single out frisco, the guy with a beer in one hand a bottle of car polish in the other would be Daz, i'm easy to spot with a lancashire accent, fat and probably mumbling about bricks, the man with a flash camera, most likely to be Andy, The guy who is always eating, Paul Rolfe, the man with large eyebrows, Rosco...... I'm sure some others can help me with polite descriptions?? ;D Report
January 4, 201313 yr comment_182484 balding overweight 43 year old with a red cabby and a beer ;D Report
January 4, 201313 yr comment_182485 I will be easy to spot, 6ft tall, old 61 yrs of age 1970,s tash, greyish hair which is always to long, liking for colourful shirts and one of only two left as far as i am aware Carmine Red 130 Saloons ( the other guy being many many years younger ) and accompanied by possibly suffering wife, tribe of kids and grand kids and a liking for purchasing Cav spares which i will never need which are usually piled on my back seat wrapped in cloths to avoid damage. If you see me speak to me i dont bite. Report
January 4, 201313 yr comment_182486 Neil - really need to speak to you and ask about that tape you put on your arches! I don't get what I'm supposed to do with it, tbh! Chris, seen you're soot blackened face on FB (well, it looked soot-blackened) I now know who Ivan, Andy, Brett, Chris, Rabbit, Ken, Jonny, Anni, Allan and a few others look like. But it was hard work lol! I'm sure I'll feel much more relaxed this year. Just hope it doesn't flood again - no fun if I have a caravan but the tent peeps have to leave! Btw, I knew who Daz was without any help hehehe..... Report
January 4, 201313 yr comment_182487 Dawn thats no problem i will bring some Denso tape with me and explain (assuming i dont get flooded in at home like last year ) which sounded like a blessing when i heard about the weather at Billing. Report
January 4, 201313 yr comment_182488 Your too soft Neil! despite the flooding we were all still smiling!......at 4.00am in the complex. To think I bought a car especially for that trip!! Report
January 4, 201313 yr comment_182494 Your too soft Neil! despite the flooding we were all still smiling!......at 4.00am in the complex. To think I bought a car especially for that trip!!thats because your hardcore Chris Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.