Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MK2CAV.COM

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Back with a Vengeance.

Featured Replies

Hello Everyone!

I'm another old member that has re-joined and I'm back with a Vengeance ;D I've been away too long.

My passion for the MK2 Cav's has been rekindled as it was time to strip down the badly rotted LX Hatch I've had sorned for the past 5 years!  :-[

Some of you may remember this Cav as only running on GAS? I had only driven this for a year as there was too much rust to MOT it.

After taking the decsion to completely strip this Cav my wife would like me to "Get rid of" ALL my collection of Mk Cav parts and my last remaining Car!!  :o

The car in question is a CDi saloon that I bought 6 years ago as a replacement for the SRi 130 I centre punched (old story).

At the time I convinced the wife that I need all the spares neccessary from the SRi 130.... So I completely stripped it to the shell  ;D

Having not been involved with Mk2 Cav's for a while, is the CDi worth restoring?  ;)

All your views and comments will be most welcoming!

Hi there and welcome back. I suppose how rusty it is underneath would determine if its worth saving or not but then again check out Gregs LX thread to see that pretty much anything is worth saving! His Cav has had a hell of a lot of welding in very structual areas so anythings possible. Have you got any recent pictures of your Cav you can post up? Any problems posting them up mail them to me and I'll do it for you  :)

  • Author

Ok, Here Goes!

The Beauty and the Beast?

I will have to take more photos of the CDi,the Omega is my daily vehicle.

[img width=800 height=478]http://i1256.photobucket.com/albums/ii484/Ron_Kidd/907985b0.jpg

The Center Punched 130 Saloon  ::)

[img width=320 height=240]http://i1256.photobucket.com/albums/ii484/Ron_Kidd/a6192ac8.jpg

LXi Hatch R.I.P

[img width=800 height=478]http://i1256.photobucket.com/albums/ii484/Ron_Kidd/fe7e5b6b.jpg

Silver Saloon......gotta be worth saving  ;)

  • CLUB MEMBER

Hello and welcome back (not that I was around before)

Not another toasted LXi........any parts from it please tap me up first (I have 2 LX's hatches in various states).

Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR

Renault 5e daily (french go kart)

Mk2 Cav's for a while, is the CDi worth restoring? silly question to ask on a mk2 cav forum :P

wecome back and good luck with the CDI  ;D

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.