August 21, 201214 yr comment_177877 Hello Everyone!I'm another old member that has re-joined and I'm back with a Vengeance ;D I've been away too long.My passion for the MK2 Cav's has been rekindled as it was time to strip down the badly rotted LX Hatch I've had sorned for the past 5 years! :-[Some of you may remember this Cav as only running on GAS? I had only driven this for a year as there was too much rust to MOT it.After taking the decsion to completely strip this Cav my wife would like me to "Get rid of" ALL my collection of Mk Cav parts and my last remaining Car!! The car in question is a CDi saloon that I bought 6 years ago as a replacement for the SRi 130 I centre punched (old story).At the time I convinced the wife that I need all the spares neccessary from the SRi 130.... So I completely stripped it to the shell ;DHaving not been involved with Mk2 Cav's for a while, is the CDi worth restoring? All your views and comments will be most welcoming! Report
August 21, 201214 yr comment_177878 Hi there and welcome back. I suppose how rusty it is underneath would determine if its worth saving or not but then again check out Gregs LX thread to see that pretty much anything is worth saving! His Cav has had a hell of a lot of welding in very structual areas so anythings possible. Have you got any recent pictures of your Cav you can post up? Any problems posting them up mail them to me and I'll do it for you Report
August 21, 201214 yr Author comment_177888 Ok, Here Goes!The Beauty and the Beast? I will have to take more photos of the CDi,the Omega is my daily vehicle.[img width=800 height=478]http://i1256.photobucket.com/albums/ii484/Ron_Kidd/907985b0.jpgThe Center Punched 130 Saloon [img width=320 height=240]http://i1256.photobucket.com/albums/ii484/Ron_Kidd/a6192ac8.jpgLXi Hatch R.I.P[img width=800 height=478]http://i1256.photobucket.com/albums/ii484/Ron_Kidd/fe7e5b6b.jpg Report
August 21, 201214 yr comment_177890 If the CDI is a solid base then it will be worth restoring. Report
August 22, 201214 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_177908 Hello and welcome back (not that I was around before)Not another toasted LXi........any parts from it please tap me up first (I have 2 LX's hatches in various states). Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR Renault 5e daily (french go kart) Report
August 22, 201214 yr comment_177911 Mk2 Cav's for a while, is the CDi worth restoring? silly question to ask on a mk2 cav forum wecome back and good luck with the CDI ;D Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.