June 21, 201214 yr comment_173957 Hi, Im Brad and I live on the South Coast of N.S.W (AUS),I bought my Country Dealer Team JB Camira in 2004, from its second private owner, I've been buying parts for its restoration ever since. The Country Dealer Team was a small team who competed primarily in Gemini (Chevette) saloon cars, and began building Camira's as replacements, but went bust before any camira race cars were built, my car is build number 001. When I found that the team name had been deregistered I registered it for myself.My racer to be was an Ebay purchase from a little old lady from outback N.S.W. I bought this car to use its interior in the CDT car.Two weeks after I got it home I entered it in a Hillclimb at Huntley near my home and to everybodys surprise, won its class. This got the gears in my head clicking over, and I decided that it would make a sweet racer(especially as I have a spare CDT bodykit).I'm also updating it to 1988 JE Camira specs.Pics on my facebook page Country Dealer Team Report
June 21, 201214 yr comment_173959 Big welcome.We really need a picture here for those of us not on Facebook. Please Report
June 21, 201214 yr comment_173961 Sounds cool. Welcome to the site. I lot of people will not know what car you are talking about. Just the model name differents. Report
June 21, 201214 yr comment_173962 pictures of said camira's ;DUploaded with ImageShack.us Uploaded with ImageShack.us Report
June 21, 201214 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_173965 Welcome aboard! Looks like a great project. How does your numberplate system work? Is 72 "x" mean a year like ours did? Report
June 21, 201214 yr comment_173970 the colour of the number plate means something doesnt it? is it different states have different colours? Report
June 21, 201214 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_173973 the colour of the number plate means something doesnt it? is it different states have different colours?Correct Paul, plates differ depending on which state you live in..Brad that looks like a nice JB, i used to own the only JE wagon in uk, but sold it a few years ago :'( The saviour of mk2 cavs & ascona's Report
June 21, 201214 yr Author comment_174008 The colour of the plates used to be different for each state, but now you can choose from many styles and colour combinations, and in Queensland you can even have your own pictures printed on your plates Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.