Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MK2CAV.COM

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New member + carburetter donation

Featured Replies

Hi All

Hope this is the right way and place to introduce myself and then quickly get to the point of my reason for joining your forum. I used to own a Mk2 Cavalier saloon, was the last car I *really* worked on, great car which did me/family well, but when it finally got too much to keep going, I regret to say I scrapped it (sorry!) in about 1994. One of the last things I did to it was to fit a Dellorto carburetter, which made a great improvement in performance, especially fuel economy, but in the end it had little use. Point is I saved the carburetter and it has been in my garage ever since. Since it seems such a shame for it not to be used, what I'd like to ask is there one of you I could donate this carb to?, preferably someone in real need so that it is actually used! Details are as follows: Dellorto kit 19235, it's jetted for a 1600cc, has mounting/conversion plates for manifold and air filter (so fits straight in), it has a manual choke with cable supplied. That's it, let me know if someone could use it, thanks and regards.

Welcome to the site, no doubt someone will have that off you straight away ;)

  • CLUB MEMBER

Welcome to the site, I had plenty of fun with the varijet II in the late 90s so understand the reason for changing them, I have no immediate need for it, although I have started sniffing around a few 1.6 recently and nearly bought one.  I need to flog a car to get the money/space.  Anyway, if no-one else wants it, i'd be first in the queue please.

Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR

Renault 5e daily (french go kart)

would be interested in this for a cav estate i am currently doing some mods on if you could pm me a price and postage to co148pu

Hi All

Hope this is the right way and place to introduce myself and then quickly get to the point of my reason for joining your forum. I used to own a Mk2 Cavalier saloon, was the last car I *really* worked on, great car which did me/family well, but when it finally got too much to keep going, I regret to say I scrapped it (sorry!) in about 1994. One of the last things I did to it was to fit a Dellorto carburetter, which made a great improvement in performance, especially fuel economy, but in the end it had little use. Point is I saved the carburetter and it has been in my garage ever since. Since it seems such a shame for it not to be used, what I'd like to ask is there one of you I could donate this carb to?, preferably someone in real need so that it is actually used! Details are as follows: Dellorto kit 19235, it's jetted for a 1600cc, has mounting/conversion plates for manifold and air filter (so fits straight in), it has a manual choke with cable supplied. That's it, let me know if someone could use it, thanks and regards.

Hi there and welcome to the site. Like Tahir said I'm sure someone will be interested in it. You could always buy another Mk2 and bolt it to that again  ;)

  • Author

Hi, Thanks for all your responses and welcome, you're pretty active, good to see. I've got two positives for the carb, from newbody and asconamax. How do you want to decide who gets it? newbody did get in slightly earlier so might be fairer if he has it. But let me know if you two want to decide some other way. If you want me to post it, I'll box it up and confirm postage cost tomorrow- an online postage estimator just said £8.95 for a 3kg parcel via First Class Royal Mail, OK? I guess I should start using pm after this.

Regards

nooooooooooooooooo late to the party again :( i could've done with this :( nevermind, back to searching the interweb for one lol

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.