Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MK2CAV.COM

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Various Bits and Pieces Really

Featured Replies

Heya guys, only pop in occasionally when I get the mk2 itch. You know the one where nothing you can think of comes close to your old mk2? Well you wouldnt know because all you lucky beggars have mk2s...

Anyway on with what I have to say:

I had a mk2 Cav SRi 1.8 as my first car. pre-facelift D410 ETC that absolutely flew. Used to kill pretty much anything it came up against, Golf GTi's of the time, XR3i's etc. I loved it but kept crashing it :( Didnt know about cars back then.

A few years later I had an opportunity to buy an almost mint Calibre for £800 or take out a loan for £6k and buy a Celica convertible. Guess which option I didnt take  :'(

The Calibre was a friend of my Dads who bought one together with his friend. He had E301 SUE and his mate had E302 SUE, dont suppose theres any gen of these 2 still knocking about?

I've been through a mk3 Cav GSI 4x4, put a C25XE V6 into it and made a GSi2500 24v 4x4 which was pretty ace, then built an SRi with a redtop. Now I'm back with an SRi 16v redtop Cavalier thats pretty mint but I have the itch again. Dont suppose anyone wants to swap their mk2 for this?

PICT2105.jpg

Nice car for £150 m8. Its the  wrong shape though, needs to be more squarer than that.

How did you know about £150 thing? You on Cavweb?

I got it with no T+T. Drove it back from Cornwall (200ish miles) with pretty much no steering because it had a new rack which hadnt been tracked at all.

Paid £100 for 2 new front tyres and tracking done and it passed the MOT. Still lots to do but its the closest thing I can get to my old mk2 SRi.

oops sorry 10 months test, 4 months tax.

125k.

porous head :( next job.

How did you know about £150 thing?  

Just looked on your website m8.

Just looked on your website m8.

Oh yeah  ;D

Checked on the RAC site for E302 SUE. Looks like its been killed and the numberplate is now on some BMW owned by someone called Sue.  :'(

E301 SUE looks to be alive and (hopefully) well though.  :D

Is it possible the plate was transferred and because you don`t know the `new` number that was given to the Calibre it won`t show up?

Totally agree when you say nothing can come close to a MK2 you`ve owned. I miss mine so much it hurts, can`t think why I ever sold it in the first place.

How much do you want for your MK3? That`s a nice looking motor you`ve got there mate.

Could well be.

Thats why I like this mk3 SRi. Its very much like the old mk2 SRi I had but with a bit more at the top and a bit less dangerous handling. (My old mk2 used to bite my ass off sometimes when I least expected it!)

Not really active with selling the car at the moment. Just getting the itch. Now I have the space, tools and knowhow to properly look after a mk2 Im willing to give it another go.

So anyone who wants their Calibre looked after, Im your man :D;)

dj strange is selling a good mk 2 for you?

Not really my kind of thing unfortunately. Seems like it needs too much welding for my skills. Cant do bodywork :(

Heya guys, only pop in occasionally when I get the mk2 itch. You know the one where nothing you can think of comes close to your old mk2? Well you wouldnt know because all you lucky beggars have mk2s...

Anyway on with what I have to say:

I had a mk2 Cav SRi 1.8 as my first car. pre-facelift D410 ETC that absolutely flew. Used to kill pretty much anything it came up against, Golf GTi's of the time, XR3i's etc. I loved it but kept crashing it :( Didnt know about cars back then.

A few years later I had an opportunity to buy an almost mint Calibre for £800 or take out a loan for £6k and buy a Celica convertible. Guess which option I didnt take  :'(

The Calibre was a friend of my Dads who bought one together with his friend. He had E301 SUE and his mate had E302 SUE, dont suppose theres any gen of these 2 still knocking about?

I've been through a mk3 Cav GSI 4x4, put a C25XE V6 into it and made a GSi2500 24v 4x4 which was pretty ace, then built an SRi with a redtop. Now I'm back with an SRi 16v redtop Cavalier thats pretty mint but I have the itch again. Dont suppose anyone wants to swap their mk2 for this?

PICT2105.jpg

That a nice mk3 SRi i used to have a mint L reg one with low miles in Metallic blue lovely cars. Sold it to some young lad who thrashed the shit out of it on the back roads every time i seen it was getting rougher, he eventually managed to loose the two bumpers. Ended up getting scraped it was going down hill so much. :'(

  • CLUB MEMBER

Oh yeah  ;D

Checked on the RAC site for E302 SUE. Looks like its been killed and the numberplate is now on some BMW owned by someone called Sue.  :'(

E301 SUE looks to be alive and (hopefully) well though.  :D

just to let you know that E302 SUE is very much alive, it was the original reg for my cally, how do i know ? well has that sue reg marked on all the windows  >:  , now registered as E550 WOL   ;D

 The saviour of mk2 cavs & ascona's

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.