Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MK2CAV.COM

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

me and my ascona c 2dr

Featured Replies

im here in ireland and this is the ascona il be restoring over the winter, needs a massive amount of work :o but im sure it will be worth it in the end, its a 2dr sport, but has an 1800sri engine fitted and sri brakes all round , has recaro interior but needs a bit of work aswell, hav got almost everything now to do her  :D im still not sure how to put the pics from photobucket on here i will try in a while again heres a link in the meantime ;D

http://www.totalopel.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8496

  • Author

cheers for that kensascona! your a gent, some might say shes past saving but if it was a mk1/2 escort or ford it would be restored so why not, and we're not excactly trippin over 2dr models!!!

Weldon mate i can tell your not the type of guy who take short cuts ;). i think you must have deep pocket to restore ascona :D best of of luck mate am planning to start on my calibre but i don't know a lot about bodywork. but i know someone who duzzzz 8)

i like it  ;) rust an all  :o turbo lump and lowered very nice  ;) but i hav got a soft spot for 2 door saloons  :D

THAT is going to be gorgeous! I bought some parts off Blitz for my GLS early this year, and had the pleasure of seeing his two door in the flesh - they are just unique and totally worth saving!

I look forward to seeing a project thread and this lady back on the road.

:) 

Is the Audi yours too? I like ;-)

  • Author

Is the Audi yours too? I like ;-)

yep the audi mine aswell, must get her done now out of the way

I've just sold my Audi....being collected tomorrow. Mine is a later model 80 Sport as in my Signature pic. I shall miss it but I've got to reduce numbers. As least I'll have a spare garage now to put my MK2 Cav in when I get it in two weeks :-)

  • Author

ive a bit of a soft spot for audis myself rich :D

cheers for that kensascona! your a gent, some might say shes past saving but if it was a mk1/2 escort or ford it would be restored so why not, and we're not excactly trippin over 2dr models!!!

wow i look forward to what you can do to restore it

your very brave i wouldnt know where to start!!!!

good luck

would you be interested in any bits? Doors etc?

  • Author

benw456 you hav pm :D

lads how do i join up to start a project thread, hav a lot more pics now of the rest of her before the strip down :D

hi am just trying to sort out my calibre's rear brake's keeps locking any Idea..  planning to take it apart this week some time..ill try to post some pic's if i can..

ive a bit of a soft spot for audis myself rich :D

I'm tempted to get a nice Coupe as a daily once I've sold all my other cars, so I've got a nice Audi daily and my MK2 Cav as my show car ;-)

Of course, an S2 would be nice, funds permitting!

I'm looking forward to seeing this project take shape  ;)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.