November 10, 201015 yr comment_142541 im here in ireland and this is the ascona il be restoring over the winter, needs a massive amount of work but im sure it will be worth it in the end, its a 2dr sport, but has an 1800sri engine fitted and sri brakes all round , has recaro interior but needs a bit of work aswell, hav got almost everything now to do her im still not sure how to put the pics from photobucket on here i will try in a while again heres a link in the meantime ;Dhttp://www.totalopel.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8496 Report
November 10, 201015 yr comment_142542 hello fellow ascona owner email them to me and i will post them up for you Report
November 10, 201015 yr comment_142550 Uploaded with ImageShack.us Uploaded with ImageShack.us Uploaded with ImageShack.us Uploaded with ImageShack.us Uploaded with ImageShack.us Uploaded with ImageShack.us Uploaded with ImageShack.usthere you go mate well done for saving her ;D Report
November 10, 201015 yr Author comment_142551 cheers for that kensascona! your a gent, some might say shes past saving but if it was a mk1/2 escort or ford it would be restored so why not, and we're not excactly trippin over 2dr models!!! Report
November 10, 201015 yr comment_142552 You found the site then dude.Have a read of this. It wasn't too far behind yours when Kev got ithttp://www.mk2cav.com/index.php/topic,10015.0.html What would Gordon do? Report
November 10, 201015 yr Author comment_142553 You found the site then dude.Have a read of this. It wasn't too far behind yours when Kev got ithttp://www.mk2cav.com/index.php/topic,10015.0.htmlcheers Frisco,seen that car in tv a while back, wondered if there was a build thread somewhere much the same as my own alright Report
November 10, 201015 yr comment_142555 Weldon mate i can tell your not the type of guy who take short cuts . i think you must have deep pocket to restore ascona best of of luck mate am planning to start on my calibre but i don't know a lot about bodywork. but i know someone who duzzzz 8) Report
November 11, 201015 yr comment_142568 i like it rust an all turbo lump and lowered very nice but i hav got a soft spot for 2 door saloons Report
November 11, 201015 yr comment_142569 THAT is going to be gorgeous! I bought some parts off Blitz for my GLS early this year, and had the pleasure of seeing his two door in the flesh - they are just unique and totally worth saving! I look forward to seeing a project thread and this lady back on the road. Report
November 12, 201015 yr Author comment_142628 Is the Audi yours too? I like ;-)yep the audi mine aswell, must get her done now out of the way Report
November 12, 201015 yr comment_142632 I've just sold my Audi....being collected tomorrow. Mine is a later model 80 Sport as in my Signature pic. I shall miss it but I've got to reduce numbers. As least I'll have a spare garage now to put my MK2 Cav in when I get it in two weeks :-) Report
November 13, 201015 yr comment_142653 Looks a cracking project mate, and good on you for taking it on Report
November 14, 201015 yr comment_142724 cheers for that kensascona! your a gent, some might say shes past saving but if it was a mk1/2 escort or ford it would be restored so why not, and we're not excactly trippin over 2dr models!!!wow i look forward to what you can do to restore ityour very brave i wouldnt know where to start!!!!good luck Report
November 15, 201015 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_142769 Can't wait to see the project thread getting underway on this one! Report
November 15, 201015 yr Author comment_142770 benw456 you hav pm lads how do i join up to start a project thread, hav a lot more pics now of the rest of her before the strip down Report
November 15, 201015 yr comment_142775 http://www.mk2cav.com/index.php?cat=86 What would Gordon do? Report
November 15, 201015 yr comment_142778 hi am just trying to sort out my calibre's rear brake's keeps locking any Idea.. planning to take it apart this week some time..ill try to post some pic's if i can.. Report
November 15, 201015 yr comment_142784 ive a bit of a soft spot for audis myself rich I'm tempted to get a nice Coupe as a daily once I've sold all my other cars, so I've got a nice Audi daily and my MK2 Cav as my show car ;-)Of course, an S2 would be nice, funds permitting!I'm looking forward to seeing this project take shape Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.