December 8, 200916 yr comment_122646 Hello all,I'm Tim and I've got a shed of a Mk2 Cav. (You probably could have worked that out for yourself).I just paid £160 for a Y-reg 1.6L. It's a pretty nasty shade of light green, got a 4-speed 'box but not too much rust. I've just put a new exhaust middle section in because the old one was completely shot but I really don't want to spend much (any) money on it if possible. I'll probably just keep it standard but am considering angle-grinding the springs and painting it matt black.At the moment it's running okay when on the auto-choke but when that kicks out it doesn't want to idle until it's warmed right through so I need three legs for that five-ten minute interval while it warms. If anyone knows a simple fix I'd appreciate it.Car was supplied new by FRF Motors (Swansea); still has the dealer sticker in the back window, as well as the MW/LW cassette radio.Sorry no pics, I don't have access to a computer I can do that sort of thing on. Report
December 8, 200916 yr comment_122648 Hi and welcome tim , there's another tim on here, he owns 2 mk2 cav sheds also ;D Report
December 8, 200916 yr comment_122651 Welcome to the site. Hi and welcome tim , there's another tim on here, he owns 2 mk2 cav sheds also ;D :-* Report
December 8, 200916 yr comment_122683 Welcome to the madness Tim, any help with the photos just mail us Report
December 13, 200916 yr comment_122888 Did that man say nasty shade of light green?? rust it > ;D Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.