Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MK2CAV.COM

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hello

Featured Replies

Im back in a cav after around 10 years now. I just got the infamous red sri saloon on e bay. I got it for a lot less than he advertised due to rust and a few other bits.

Its going to be a rolling project I think hopefully get it looking good again or atleast  get on the road would be a start.

  • Author

I think it would be a waste to scrap as there is to few mk2's left on the road already. So I shall try my best and see how it goes its never going to be mint but will do to smoke around in.

I think it would be a waste to scrap as there is to few mk2's left on the road already. So I shall try my best and see how it goes its never going to be mint but will do to smoke around in.

There are very very few mid spec SRi saloons like yours mate  ;)

  • Author

Ok well good news today I got the car running all it needed was a dizzy plugs and leads. Also flooded my car park with fuel thanks to a split fuel pipe.

Got all the gears working as someone had not done up the sleeve on the gearbox, All lights now working all I need is a hazard light switch.

So to sum it up had a good day and cost me around £80 including two tyres and some fuel line.

Tomorrow the real fun starts WELDING time  :'(

Always good to have the fuel line sorted before welding  ;D

  • Author

Yeah it would make for a fun morning. I have to drop the tank anyway to get to the hole by the filler neck.

Always good to have the fuel line sorted before welding  ;D

too true! ask newbody he knows about welding fires ;D

too true! ask newbody he knows about welding fires ;D

Bloody tricky welding fires, you can't use a MIG as you can't get a good earth  ;D

  • Author

That looks bad.. :( After working all day since 6 in the morning I now have an mot still got advisory on a bit of rust and the brakes being a bit rubbish but I can drive her now.

When up on the ramp I was suprised  on how little rust there was its really not all that bad and nothing a bit of tlc wont fix.

happy days  ;D ;D ;D  lots of time left to get her ready for billing The first time i attended billing with my ascona i only had 6 weeks to prepare her for showing and this included an engine transplant i made it with a week to spare  ;D ;D ;D

  • Author

Been for my first drive today all was good. The water pump is a little dry sounding so I'm going to do the pump and belt in the morning. Tick over is a little unsteady got to have look at that. And tracking is a mile out but all was ok with it really.

Been for my first drive today all was good. The water pump is a little dry sounding so I'm going to do the pump and belt in the morning. Tick over is a little unsteady got to have look at that. And tracking is a mile out but all was ok with it really.

Brilliant, well done mate. Now join the club and start a project thread  ;D

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.