August 10, 200917 yr comment_113670 Thought I'd better say hello. My names Steve, I'm from Sutton Bridge in the Lincolnshire Fens and I've just bought a one owner from new GLSi auto saloon. It needs some tidying but has only done 44k miles.This is my first Mk2 Cav, butI've already got some classic/retro GM tat kicking about.My Manta and the better half's Mk1 CavMk3 Astra vert (needs to be sold to make way for the Mk2 Cav) Report
August 10, 200917 yr comment_113675 hi mate and welcome to the site nice to see another Mk2 cav going to a good home I'm loving the photo of the Opel manta A and the Mk1 sports hatch really cool retro stuff ;D Report
August 10, 200917 yr comment_113679 Welcome. As you might have expected your car has featured in one of the members threads here.It was http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1986-VAUXHALL-CAVALIER-GLS-1-8I-AUTO-SILVER_W0QQitemZ110421072093You got a good buy there.Mucho help available around here but you will find a lot familiar from the Astra, but annoyingly not exactly the same! Looks like you need a bit of trim, suggest you join the Club and get a 'needs' list up.Are you going to keep it the same? Report
August 10, 200917 yr comment_113687 I was thinking of buying this myself looks like you got a good un there mate for the price. And a mercedes service history, how posh! Report
August 10, 200917 yr comment_113690 Anychance of a picture of your manta mate ;D, by the way, WELCOME ;D Report
August 10, 200917 yr Author comment_113693 Thanks for the welcome. There are things I don't like about it, the alloys are the worst design in the world, it's riding far too high, I'd prefer it to be manual (and a hatch for that matter). However I'm not into modifying cars so it'll stay standard. A mate has got plenty of spares including arches and wings, so as long as funds allow I'd like to try and get it into show condition over the winter.For now it needs a service as it was last done two years ago (at least according to the service book), probably a cam belt swap and an autobox fluid swap.The Mercedes service history isnt quite what it seems. As you can see from the sticker the car was supplied by Jim Russell. They changed from a Vauxhall-Opel franchise to Mercedes, and then after they closed the last couple of services were done by an ex-employee who set up as an independant Merc specialist. Report
August 10, 200917 yr Author comment_113700 As requested, a pic of the Manta without a Griffin in the way. Report
August 10, 200917 yr comment_113702 That is one serious nice car love the colour,used to know of an orangey coloured one ( that was a 1.6 i think) here in Wrexham years ago buy i think it rotted out if i remember. Report
August 10, 200917 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_113706 Hardly any of these ended up with those wheels.I guess you have to imagine them back in the day... > Report
August 10, 200917 yr Author comment_113709 I remember a guy I worked with had a lovely GLSi hatch in an anthracite colour with those alloys. The car would have been about 6 years old at the time and they were awfull then! Really liked the car apart from that though. Report
August 10, 200917 yr comment_113710 Hello & welcome good looking cav and love the manta but not as much as this one from our trip to Belgium, I LOVE THIS CAR Report
August 10, 200917 yr comment_113720 However I'm not into modifying cars so it'll stay standard. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;DA big welcome to the site mate and great to see another one saved and in good hands There is a T plate Mk1 exactly the same as yours just around the corner from me Report
August 11, 200917 yr Author comment_113727 That GT/E is fantastic, love the dish on the ATS Classics. Report
August 11, 200917 yr comment_113750 Welcome mateHello & welcome good looking cav and love the manta but not as much as this one from our trip to Belgium, I LOVE THIS CARDid anyone get any pics of the black one with the painted on purple flip GT/E stripe?Now that one was nice!! What would Gordon do? Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.