Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MK2CAV.COM

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Another new member

Featured Replies

A quick hello, but not sure I'm in the right place, since this is a "saloon " and I only have a convertible... hopefully I'm still allowed in :)

I've had my car 16 yrs or so, she's an 87 red convertible basically solid but due to credit crisis and cash flow, she's been cached for last 2 yrs and a little bit SORN because of it.  Now maybe I can rejuvenate her with some TLC for a little open air cruising!

She needs a new roof, I have a spare frame thats going to get refurbed but first the MOT will probably tell me that the brakes and fuel system need attention.  Also I may need a new fuel tank, I think the metal worm could have gotten into mine! Once I've gotten underneath her I can decide how much welding is required (on the floor not the tank!)  Other than that its in excellent condition and I hope to keep it for years... the missus may not like to hear this, so no one rat on me please!

Cheers for now!

  • Author

"get some pics posted" 2Cavs

I'll do that, is there anywhere that explains how?  They'll be from a couple years ago when she was last on the road, I'm too embarrassed about her condition now...  cat paw marks and the like are the nicer parts.

And before anyone shouts she had full re-spray in a "Ford" Radiant Red ... I just liked the colour more than Vauxhall Carmine Red, I'm not apologising as she's my car, but if offends anyone then don't look!

And before anyone shouts she had full re-spray in a "Ford" Radiant Red ... I just liked the colour more than Vauxhall Carmine Red, I'm not apologising as she's my car, but if offends anyone then don't look!

dont worry when mine was repainted i done it in bmw pacifik blau as I liked the color welcome to the nut house

errmmm, i wonder? ::) ::)::)

dont you have a galaxy chris

thought they were just veedubs anyways.

don't worry i'll fight your corner  :P

p.s welcome to the site

dont you have a galaxy chris

nope! was a seat but now have a  :-X

  • Author

Well if the photobucket tutorial has worked this is my convertible as she was a coupe of years ago... she's a bit dirtier now!

CavConv.jpg

The wheels are non Vauxhall, one of my items on "to do" list is source some genuine 14 x 6 Vauxhall alloys.  I now these cars generally had 13 inch wheels but I prefer the slightly larger ones.  I'm not  going up to silly sizes, I agree they can look nice but they're just not my preference.

So maybe she will be rescued, but the Mrs has found out my summer plans to get her back on theroad. She's not happy... more household DIY is first .....  !

Do  like i do work on house when she is in and nip out and do jobs on the car when she is out and say job in house took longer than you thought but i am a lying sod.

  • Author

If only....  ;D

Trouble is the job she has lined up for me has been "on the list for 12 years" so  I reckon I've stalled for long enough, or at least I've given it a fair go... ha ha!

  • CLUB MEMBER

the missus may not like to hear this, so no one rat on me please!

......know that feeling, trouble is that was 2 summers ago and the resto is still going on ::) so the wife is well pleased!  Good luck with it, and welcome to the party ;)

Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR

Renault 5e daily (french go kart)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.