May 23, 200917 yr comment_106980 Hi all at MK2cav.com,Please can you help.My uncle has given me his mk2 Cavalier 1.6L saloon, it's X-registered and has done 38000 miles from new. My dilemma is do I keep it and use it as my daily driver and it deteriorates or sell it, but what's it worth ????? Report
May 23, 200917 yr comment_106981 hello and welcome pal get some pics up as its hard to tell you a price without them i say you keep her Report
May 24, 200917 yr comment_106991 Hi all at MK2cav.com,Please can you help.My uncle has given me his mk2 Cavalier 1.6L saloon, it's X-registered and has done 38000 miles from new. My dilemma is do I keep it and use it as my daily driver and it deteriorates or sell it, but what's it worth ?????A 1.6 Hatch with similar miles http://www.mk2cav.com/forum/index.php?topic=13306.msg115727#msg115727Failed to sell a number of times on Piston heads and ebay, and I eventually pursuaded the owner that it was not worth the £1200 he originally wanted, and eventually a member bought it for £500. You have the slight advantage that yours is a very early saloon and not a mid spec hatch, so with a decent service history and good photos I'm thinking £600 to £700 would be the ball park. But I could be wrong. IF I were you I'd waxoil it, and cherish it. Why not use it daily? Just make sure you replace anything that becomes worn and deal with the stone chips immediately. That said I like a bit of patina. Report
May 24, 200917 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_107002 Hello Garry, I've sent you a PM about this car already too asking a few more details (colour, condition, trim etc..), but if you want to emaiil me some pics I will host them up here for you to give you a better idea of price, or just PM me or give me a ring. I think you are in the right ballpark for the car Mark, and prices are drifting up slowly. Report
May 25, 200917 yr comment_107063 http://www.mk2cav.com/forum/index.php?topic=13603.msg118260;topicseen#newThis green saloon made http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=280325235969£310 last time http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1984-VAUXHALL-CAVALIER-L-GREEN_W0QQitemZ280349826394QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutomobiles_UK?hash=item414626dd5a&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66:4And a red saloon with no mot £160.http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=320356832774I personally think £600 would require every MOT, every service bill and the seller to be the original owner. Report
May 25, 200917 yr comment_107097 http://www.mk2cav.com/forum/index.php?topic=13603.msg118260;topicseen#newThis green saloon made http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=280325235969£310 last time http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1984-VAUXHALL-CAVALIER-L-GREEN_W0QQitemZ280349826394QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutomobiles_UK?hash=item414626dd5a&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66:4And a red saloon with no mot £160.http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=320356832774I personally think £600 would require every MOT, every service bill and the seller to be the original owner. I think prices are definatly on the up slowly but surely judging by some recent sales,and its about time too ;D Report
May 26, 200917 yr comment_107138 http://www.mk2cav.com/forum/index.php?topic=13603.msg118260;topicseen#newThis green saloon made http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=280325235969£310 last time http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1984-VAUXHALL-CAVALIER-L-GREEN_W0QQitemZ280349826394QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutomobiles_UK?hash=item414626dd5a&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66:4And a red saloon with no mot £160.http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=320356832774I personally think £600 would require every MOT, every service bill and the seller to be the original owner. you want 2 much mate i recently been offered £2400 for my 130 Report
May 26, 200917 yr comment_107139 you want 2 much mate i recently been offered £2400 for my 130 I've presented STRONG Evidence that a 1.6 Saloon might be worth £600 at a push, maybe more, maybe less. It's not a 130, so £2400 for your 130 may or may not be a fair price. But it does suggest that building a SEH, XE or V6 sleeper from a 1.6 would be the most cost effective route to mk2 cav heaven. Report
May 26, 200917 yr comment_107143 Yes if your not bothered about badges (waits for someone to bring up the front subframe differences) What would Gordon do? Report
May 26, 200917 yr comment_107191 Will be needed soon mate, ill be in touch ;D What would Gordon do? Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.