March 13, 200917 yr comment_102857 Hello chaps and chapessesesesesI'm new to the forum so thought I best say Hi and state my intentions 8)I am a member over on MigWeb but thought I would register on this forum as there is a slight possibility that my company car may go back sometime this year. And seeing as I will need a runaround I thought what better car to replace it than a Mk2 Cav!Company car aside, I own an Astra Coupe Turbo. The wife uses that as her daily drive.So I was thinking that I want something cheap and retro, and tbh the mk2 fits the bill perfectly for me. And one small factor in the decision....my first car was a mk2 Cav 1.6 - It felt like the fastest car in the world after coming out of a 1.0l learner car lol!I then went on to own 3 mk3 Cavs, the final one being a GSI. So I do have a soft spot for them. Not sure why lol.Oh, I have seen that Estate in the Classifieds, how cool is that??? Anyway, thats a quick intro from me... Report
March 13, 200917 yr comment_102860 Hello there JoeyB, I'm fairly new on this site but it's getting kind of addictive I learnt to drive in a Nissan Micra as it was a driving instructor's first choice back then...I bought a Cav mk2 as my first car, I think it might have been a knee jerk reaction because my friends all had Ford Fiestas, Novas and even Mini Metros :-XDespite the cost, I never regretted it; mk2 Cavalier - fantastic motor.Katherine Report
March 13, 200917 yr comment_102874 welcome to the site i used to have cav mk2 ereg cdi that was my second car then a 130 i scrapped that i put the suspension and the 130 engine in it it was a beast used to thrash just about anything on the road back in 1999. been looking my self for one might have to go to england for one iam in scotland Report
March 13, 200917 yr Author comment_102885 Hello there JoeyB, I'm fairly new on this site but it's getting kind of addictive I learnt to drive in a Nissan Micra as it was a driving instructor's first choice back then...I bought a Cav mk2 as my first car, I think it might have been a knee jerk reaction because my friends all had Ford Fiestas, Novas and even Mini Metros :-XDespite the cost, I never regretted it; mk2 Cavalier - fantastic motor.Katherinelol I also learnt to drive in an old Micra...when I got the Cav I struggled to keep the 'power' under control hehe... Report
March 13, 200917 yr comment_102907 Welcome to the site mate and good luck with your search for a Mk2 ;D Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.