Everything posted by Lefty
- The Green โUn
-
The Green โUn
Indeed, trouble was she became another โ modifying money pit โ at least the replacement Iโve bought is a non modifier lol
-
The Green โUn
Failed MOT miserably on welding amongst a few other simple fixes. I sold her on the weekend ๐ฅน
-
The Green โUn
โ Next month hey? โ Well due to the Vectra and Carlton constantly swapping places at the mechanicsโ it never happened lol The Vectra is now dead though ( MOT failure ) so I did actually pop around to the garage other day to fire her up and possibly fit the 4 to 5 stud adapters to put the newly refurbished Vectra GSi rims on now that theyโre not going on said dead Vectra. Nope, told me to f**k off! Just turning over, maybe have another look on the weekend, or maybe have myself an early bonfire ๐ฅ ๐ฅ ๐ฅ ๐
- VBOA 2027
- VBOA 2026
- VBOA 2026
-
VAUX-ALL 2026
Iโll be there with East Side Vauxhall, probably in the Vectra ๐
-
The Green โUn
So still not done much tbh, but now Iโve spent money on my Vectra B, some essential maintenance and upgrades, and I finally have my Carlton MOTโd after finding some ABS sensors ๐ค this oneโs next in line for a visit to my mechanic, probably next month due to funds / time ๐ช
-
Vboa 2026 CHAT
Been trying to copy and paste a link but itโs not having it ๐คทโโ๏ธ
- VBOA 2026
-
The Green โUn
Thanks, the pics donโt do them justice, very happy ๐ One day theyโll be fitted lol
- The Green โUn
- VBOA 2026
- VBOA 2026
-
The Green โUn
In a word slow! Due to motivation ( lack of ) and a dodgy knee ( which is slowly getting better ๐ ) Fix the fuel leak then I can send her to have the steering rack changed, timing belt kit / water pump and lowering springs fitted. I did drop off the power cap, timing belt cover and rocker cover to be powder coated green yesterday ๐
-
VBOA 2025
Home about an hour or so ago, hope all make / made it home safe ๐ช Brilliant weekend, nice to see old faces and meet new ones too. Roll on next year in a CAVALIER not #SpiritoDePunto ๐
- VBOA 2025
-
The Green โUn
Rather than try and find an original air box and pipe for the engine ( and the ECUโs current position will foul it anyway, which eventually will move inside the car ) which are rare and expensive, I thought Iโd go down the โ boy racer โ route lol Got to have the steel pipe cut down but you get the jist ๐
-
The Green โUn
Slow progress with juggling work, two other projects, a dodgy knee and trying to chill too! lol Popped round earlier in a huff after the ยฃ70 flex plate bolts I bought from America for my MK3 were the wrong thread stopping me from refitting the engine! ๐ฃ Fitted new plugs / colour coded ( almost! ๐คฉ ) leads and 20 litres of fresh fuel to see if it would cure the backfiring, itโs better ๐ Tightened gear selector, I now have all gears it seems. Fitted the plug cover I got from GreyDJ too. Fuel pipe is leaking on the inlet so have to sort that another day. Oil flush / change next and maybe trial fit the turbo rims with the 15mm 4 to 5 stud adapters ๐
-
New to the group
Hello ๐ Welcome to the group ๐
-
The Green โUn
Yes, very familiar ๐ Yh quite a few despite my love of a saloon, my very first cav was a Y reg white hatch 1.6L ๐
-
The Green โUn
Indeed I am ๐ Feels weird owning one again after all this time lol
-
The Green โUn
Thanks โบ๏ธ On first early inspection both arches, standard lol which he had and I paid ยฃ20 for ( Iโd have got them for free if his wife wasnโt there, she didnโt miss a trick ๐ ) front of both inner arches where they meet the sill, and at least one lower rear corner. Not had a good delve but early impressions are good tbh, we shall see ๐
-
The Green โUn
Hello ๐ So, here we are again, a MK2 Cavalier owner once more after stupidly selling my mint Black SRi saloon โ The Bomber โ to Blitz in August 2013, who I know has looked after her very well ๐ช I was bidding on the Green A plate 1.3L the other day, but I changed my mind and Charlie Cavalier won it instead to go with A32LTM ๐ The very next day this popped up in my eBay, so I messaged the seller for some info, owned by her dad for 10 yrs who is now ill of health, been parked for 3., so I made an offer and collected it on Saturday to go with my 1989 Opel Vectra A LHD, and my 1993 Carlton Diplomat ๐ A few holes / rusty bits here and there, but in general a good shell to build on. Redtop engine Chipped ECU apparently Recent ( ish ) rear brakes New rear shocks New stainless middle section Keep you updated with progress, Abo ๐