Everything posted by Al1exx
-
new member here
Sounds like you are making great progress! Are you any further forward with it?
-
New Scottish Member here!!
... and just when it was all going so well, running smooth as a sewing machine, when suddenly dropped a cylinder. A bit of investigation later and found to have a broken rocker arm. Not sure why but my brother is working on it, appears to have done no damage other than the rocker - very lucky - we don't know why it has broken, but more digging required. Even on 3 cylinders the car is keen to drive!! ๐ That trailer is awesome but sadly, that and the Volvo are not mine lol. They belong to my brother's friend who helped get the car home. I know who to shout on if I find any other projects for sure!
-
Cheers from Belgium
Beautiful car! Welcome to the club, everyone is super-friendly here. ๐
- I'm back
- I'm back
- I'm back
-
New Scottish Member here!!
-
New Scottish Member here!!
4 speed for the win!! ๐
-
New Scottish Member here!!
Count me in dude! Sounds awesome
-
New Scottish Member here!!
Oh la la very exotic!! ๐คฃ Once we are allowed to roam about again and my car is on the road we should organise a wee meet up
-
New Scottish Member here!!
Iโm just outside Falkirk, you?
-
New Scottish Member here!!
Haha thank you - I certainly will!! Itโs now nestling down behind a mk3 Astra instead which has a Saab engine - though it too has a slightly crunchy third gear.... The cavalier has a 4 speed gearbox exactly like my Nova, I half expected a 5 speed but was pleasantly surprised! I like a 4 speeder!!
-
New Scottish Member here!!
Hi all New to the forum and to mk2 Cavalier ownership though my dad had one eons ago. Ive got a Brazil Brown B reg saloon, billy basic spec with zero electrics just what I like. 49k miles one owner off the road 20 years. Body wise it needs nothing structurally though could use a passenger door (and a good wash!) and interior wise itโs a total time warp piece down to the original GM mats. My brother and I are in the process of getting it back on the road, 3 hours after getting it back to his workshop it was alive and running well!! Clutch etc seem great, even the brakes were okay. Benefit of being stored in a warm dark garage for all these years. I plan to run it alongside my Nova for now and hopefully get to some car shows this year. Iโve tried to attach some pictures, hopefully theyโve worked!! Cheers!!