Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MK2CAV.COM

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Paulegt

NON MEMBER
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Paulegt

  1. Paulegt replied to Paulegt's topic in NEW USERS
    I still have the original which could go back on but from what im reading they can cause running issues if faulty?? Is it possible to test if its working? Secondhand one in no known better condition than my own but thanks anyway. Long and Short of it I think I'll run without it unless it causes issues.
  2. Paulegt replied to Paulegt's topic in NEW USERS
    Good morning all... After driving the Cav for a couple of years divorce came about and she was left un-MOT'd during the process to keep the value low. Once house was sold it moved to a friends house for storage and has been there for several years now. However i am finally in a position to start thinking about doing the work (Much more than when first came off the road!) needed to return my baby to the road once again. The fuel pump finally died so have sourced a cheap temporary one to keep it moveable for the time being but the part i have struggled to source is the FUEL PULSATION DAMPER that sits next to the fuel filter in the cradle. Is this an item i can just leave off altogether?? I shall be replacing the fuel lines front to rear anyway so could fit braided rubber ones to give a similar effect? There is also alot of welding that i need to tackle on the rear sill areas and also rear arches. It seems to have been hastily patched up in the past in these areas sadly. Anyway i look forward to the task ahead and shall try becomming a pic poster as time goes by. Thanks All
  3. Paulegt replied to Paulegt's topic in NEW USERS
    Thankyou for all the comments. This year will be focused on sorting out around the sunroof where the metal has now split and needs plating and filling. Then it will be any welding for M.O.T next year.
  4. Paulegt replied to Paulegt's topic in NEW USERS
    IIt's a 2.0 CD with 5 speed manual f16 box with 126000 miles on clock. Certainly have to "drive" this one compared to newer cars. Bit like driving my old celica supra I used to have many years ago before they went through the roof.
  5. Paulegt replied to Paulegt's topic in NEW USERS
    This is now my daily car and did a trip of 380miles other weekend so still has plenty of life yet.
  6. Paulegt replied to Paulegt's topic in NEW USERS
    I came about this car on good ole ebay. I used to own a mk3 CDX and drove that as a daily until it stalled on the wife and she said "I not driving that anymore". It was put on my parents drive for a few years and then my own till I had time to put it back on the road. As the wife would not let me put the car outside the house to do the work it sat there in a sorry state. So I said fine Il get rid of it if I can buy another one that's already running. Then whilst on ebay saw this one and had to get it. Paid just over 2 grand but she so much more fun to drive than the mk3 ever was.
  7. Paulegt posted a topic in NEW USERS
    Hi all my name is Paul and I bought this jem last year from Dorset. Love driving her but she going to need some work soon.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.