Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MK2CAV.COM

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kelvin berry

NON MEMBER
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Kelvin berry

  1. Apologies for the handwriting but this is the rewritten mot failure list, my hand writingsnot much better than the mot guy.
  2. The welding on the front subframe area is pretty much at the Base of the bulkhead where it bends round to the footwell. Pretty much expected to have a decent amount of welding to have done so all in all not a huge shock.
  3. I'm only on a mobile so any help would be massively appreciated, have taken starter off the car this morning gonna get it checked out and also the Haynes book of lies indicates that it may be the ignition switch.
  4. Kelvin berry replied to Kelvin berry's topic in NEW USERS
    I've had one run into while I was in my garden, thankfully the guy knocked on my door and admitted it, was a bit peeved ad I'd just got her through the mot and getting ready to go the body shop for respray, I didn't think it was that bad but the insurance wrote it off.
  5. Kelvin berry replied to Kelvin berry's topic in NEW USERS
    It always helps if you have a new project to occupy your time.
  6. Still trying to figure out how to put pics on, just went for mot and it's very bad news the worst is the front subframe needs replacing, as well as new sills inner and outer, both arches , all brake pipes , all suspension, all lights don't work to name but a few jobs, and while I was there she decided to refuse to start , got power to the coil and the starter clicks but won't turn enfine, changed the battery for a new one and makes no difference. So tonight is going to be a research night to find the problem.
  7. Oc

    Kelvin berry replied to Kelvin berry's topic in NEW USERS
    I get your point frisco, as soon as payday arrives at the end of the month I'll be joining, I don't begrudge paying the fee I was just asking what the benefits were if you do join.
  8. She's coming tomorrow it's gonna be a sleepless night tonight , can't wait..
  9. Oc

    Kelvin berry replied to Kelvin berry's topic in NEW USERS
    The car cost nothing (still in shock at that) being delivered tomorrow.. Can I get the advice without becoming a fully paid up member or would it be better to join. I have no problem with joining up at all I'm just weighing up my options.
  10. Kelvin berry replied to Kelvin berry's topic in NEW USERS
    I know what you mean , I can still remember the last time I saw my old cavalier driving away up the road after I sold it, I went back in the house and felt really sad and wanted it back .. But not as bad as watching it being scrapped. . Think I would have cried at that....
  11. Kelvin berry replied to Kelvin berry's topic in NEW USERS
    If that's true I hope that she saved a lot of cavaliers from the same fate.
  12. Oc

    Kelvin berry posted a topic in NEW USERS
    Can I ask what the benefits are of becoming a fully paid up member. And is it worth it.
  13. Kelvin berry replied to Kelvin berry's topic in NEW USERS
    Some very nice motors you got there.
  14. Kelvin berry replied to Kelvin berry's topic in NEW USERS
    Would be nice to see if you could post it frisco.
  15. Kelvin berry posted a topic in NEW USERS
    My first cavalier was a blue hatchback reg WHA 259x I often wonder where it is now. Or if it's even on the road still. Dvla hold no records of it. Wish I could find the pics of it to post but no luck so far. It was the best car I've ever owned had some great holidays in it, and it had so much done, always regret selling it. What was everybody else's first cavalier. Story's would be nice to see.
  16. Spent the day sourcing parts for my new cavalier, found a new wing off ebay, sills and arches from a place in malvern, and arranged to get her collected for next weekend. Feeling really excited about seeing her again and getting my hands on her.
  17. Absolutely, i'm just arranging to get her picked up and delivered to my home, then booked in for mot for a list of work that I need to do.
  18. Sorry Greg I'm a complete technophobe I have no idea how to post pics on here, I need a step by step guide to get them on. But I can ask my son to see if he knows how to do it.
  19. Fantastic Paul, agreed to take her home with me .
  20. Update on cavalier, she's mine now absolutely beautiful she is and by the looks of what I've seen so far not to much to get her back up and on the roads again. I'm so excited I feel like a kid in a sweet shop. Thanks to chris for letting me have her top bloke and seems really genuine. It may be sad of me I know but because she's an lx model I'm calling her lexi. ...
  21. Looking at a cavalier tomorrow can't wait, this beauty needs tenderloving care...
  22. A sortof rolling restoration is what I'm after, but not to far gone that I can't use it daily.
  23. Hi Greg, i'm looking for a hatchback 1.6 or 1.8 mk2 with mot distance not really an issue, at the moment I've got a budget of 1100 but will be rising as the weeks go by. Don't mind a bit of work as long as I can do it on the weekend.
  24. Kelvin berry posted a topic in NEW USERS
    Hi everybody I'm on the lookout for a mk2 hatchback, hopefully with some mot, I really miss my old one so am on the market for another, can anyone help me please. .
  25. Kelvin berry posted a topic in NEW USERS
    Hi, hope I'm doing this right I'm usless with computers, i'm new to the site and hope to see loads of fantastic cars at some meets, and hope to buy another one , I really miss my old one. Hope to chat to some other members also and maybe get some good advice cheers guys..

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.