Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MK2CAV.COM

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

otipoiss

NON MEMBER
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by otipoiss

  1. So the time gap between these pictures is 9 years. But i did it. Feels like a proper milestone has been passed.
  2. Yes, i think you can call it electroplating.
  3. Also looking for factory / OEM engine bay pictures from any angle you have. I have questions about some fittings on my parts car.
  4. I really need that washer fluid tank with greater capacity. Please if anyone thinks they have it then please have a look. How does headlight wiping work anyway? Does it come on every time I use windshield washing? Other than that, i’m working towards getting the engine in maybe even this year. This year Inhave spent massive sleep-hours on cleaning and painting bits and pieces I dont even know where to put anymore. But I think I’m getting through it soon.
  5. Yea by these diagrams i should have 2x grey/green wires, but I dont. I had 2x blue/green. Also a brown/red wire which i now know goes to brake fluid pot.
  6. So I am in the process of fitting the Digi-dash into the car and whileso having to tackle the plugs and wiring. Most of it is straightforward and matches the diagrams I have been lucky enough to get from facebook group. Some of it does not match though, so I started looking at diagrams in the Haynes manual. There will have to be different colours connected together in my case and I really want to get it right. So now it will take longer than expected, as always. The whole wiring is in the car, slowly sorting it out. Some things do not make sense at all, like the wiring for tank sender unit, it was just short, no matter how i tried but it didn’t make any sense to me so i lenghtened those wires. Dash is in, fusebox is in its place, most of the plugs have found their connectors again. Illumination in its place. If i manage to get the digi dash connections done, then its the radios turn, i have to update that wiring aswell since there were no ISO connectors. On my local facebook marketplace there was this cool JVC Chameleon unit , but for the moment too expensive and irrelevant for me. There would be more important things to buy. So if anyone has their old digi dash diagrams still stored somewhere then please feel free to share, maybe I have not seen all yet.
  7. Has anyone got a windshield reservoir that i could buy? GM 90 227 463 Mine is eaten by rats.
  8. So i promised something, i will atleast show some quite random pics. [img]https://www.upload.ee/image/18026304/IMG_5816.jpeg[/img] [img]https://www.upload.ee/image/18026312/IMG_5818.jpeg[/img] [img]https://www.upload.ee/image/18026318/IMG_5821.jpeg[/img] [img]https://www.upload.ee/image/18026323/EF958CAB-422D-4E45-AA3A-2D0E6D7A0F43.jpeg[/img] [img]https://www.upload.ee/image/18026324/IMG_5926.jpeg[/img] [img]https://www.upload.ee/image/18026332/IMG_5945.jpeg[/img [img]https://www.upload.ee/image/18026368/IMG_5937.jpeg[/img] [img]https://www.upload.ee/image/18026370/IMG_5938.jpeg[/img] [img]https://www.upload.ee/image/18026377/IMG_5946.jpeg[/img] [img]https://www.upload.ee/image/18026379/IMG_5954.jpeg[/img] [img]https://www.upload.ee/image/18026400/IMG_5951.jpeg[/img] [img]https://www.upload.ee/image/18026406/IMG_5955.jpeg[/img] On my donor car i saw that it has speakers under the dash, but mine didnt so i had to have them. The donor car was a great idea, I would never be able to put everything back correctly without it. Also while im already tidying up the dash, I figured its a ood idea to try and get it more silent. Used foam seal to make things tighter and get rid of some noises at least. Then i got some help from a friend, who said he'll try and pressure wash the F16 gearbox. This gave me quite ok unit, but I now have the possibility to use laser cleaning, so i tried that also. Its no miracle but OK. Bolts and stuff I will try and get zinc coated, hopefully for the last time. That also means I have to find everything that is visible and needs to be zinc. Which means im turning my shelves upside down, revising everything and slowly putting things together. I have also started to install wiring.
  9. Alright, not that there has been tons of success to report. But still, what ive done meanwhile is, glued on some soundproofing. Cleaned the wiring loom, and am now in the process of putting the wiring back into the car. Today i found out that my parts car has speakers under the dash aswell. Removed those, but as you might guess they are quite old and generally in bad shape. Mine had none, so I definetly want some now. What i dont have though, is the thick floor mats that are under the carpet, covering the footwells in front. Probably impossible to find aswell. This is it for now, I will try and make some photos tomorrow.
  10. Hello. It has been a while. I am still trying to start over with this. Trial fitting the body panels, bending them right, to match and follow the lines of the car shell. Maybe I find some recent pictures later aswell. In the last few years I've managed to secure a set of headlight washer motors. Also a wiper arm for the left hand side, but Im missing a right hand one. If someone has it for sale then please let me know.
  11. I will continue my monologue. Passenger side front door came from hatchback and it doesn't fit. This means that hatchbacks have lower roofline? Funny thing is that I did measure the width of the door before even bothering to remove it, but I never ever thought that a sedan door could be taller. Very unreasonable of Opel/Vauxhall. Anyhow, luckily I have my donor car, and that door was ok. A question aswell, how much do headlight wiper motors/arms cost these days? Someone from MK2Cav Facebook group did offer me an incomplete set, but I'd hate to overpay.
  12. Not much to report, other than the copper piping is mostly done. Handbrake system to assemble and I think its time to remove the rotisserie after that . Also bought a bunch of parts. To be honest I actually bought more of them, a whole parts car Its a GT Sport with 20NE engine. I dont know if it would run, I dont have the motivation or time to find out either. Interior was the main reason for buying it, but I guess it will be quite convenient to have another car to look at while putting my own car back together.
  13. Question. Where does the fuel return line connect to? Right now im guessing to the sender unit? The fuel vapor can goes to the filling neck? Ive got 3 connections there which i guess 2 go straight to the tank. I think Im in a need of a thorough manual for assembly Also another problem occurred, I do not have the necessary stuff to complete handbrake system, everything that is supposed to be mounted on the rear axle is either lost or gone to scrap because of being rotten.
  14. Keeping this thread somewhat up to date. So front fenders got some treatment to the inside. Thoroughly cleaned, painted, stone chip protected, and painted again. The outside will be taken care of when they are finally fixed to the car. I have repainted the engine bay again and I think that more successfully this time. Ofcourse its still not show-quality but will do for me. I also have a question. I've gotten some suggestions over time, that I should replace my original (C20NE) camshaft with a 18E one. Is this something worth doing? Does a bare camshaft give me anything or do i need the whole head from 18E?
  15. This is where my english is a bit narrow. I'm not entirely sure what you mean by holds, but I take a guess that you mean all the bolts and bits. All of them were sand or soda blasted and then zinc plated. Unfortunately there are not many (2 as far as I know) companies in Estonia that do plating and the one closer to me had quadrupled its prices. I think its mainly to scare off hobbyists like me.
  16. Some pretty little things. Preparations. Had to replace 3 doors actually, the one I didnt, has been replaced in the past. So there will be no original doors :D
  17. I'm not sure you could call mine i200 as it is not a Swiss car. The car has been sold new in Sweden instead. Good news, I've found better doors for the left side. From my hometown, cost me nearly nothing. Happy about those.
  18. Out of 4 doors 1 seems to be more or less OK. Left side doors are worse than right hand side ones. Long way to go still .
  19. Just to show some signs of life. Made some mistakes with the filler, but hey its my first time. Will redo.
  20. Fuel gauge sender units, are these something that are related to body/tank, or engine, or something else? Earth terminal has rotted away on mine, I think it could be welded back, but the little pipe is the bigger problem here. I dont think these details could be bought anymore...
  21. I dont have much to report other than I accidentally found another set of Ronal Irmschers on sale. The only reason I bought them was the centercaps and a special tool for them. Now i need to find replacement logos for them, mine are all hazy and cracked. Anyone knows where to source these?
  22. Thank you for your kind words and support! Happy new year aswell to everybody! As seen on the pictures, the underside ( and trunk ) has been painted, to a dark grey colour. I've also drawn some circles around some holes. I dont think it would be smart to leave these like this, but cannot recall if they had something in them from the factory or not? Ofcourse i mean only those that are just holes, not the ones meant for bolts.
  23. Still not sure about the boot paint scheme.It seems some parts are white, some are dark grey. Maybe someone has a picture of how it should be done? Im currently thinking of painting the boot and underside of the car at one go, with dark grey.
  24. Took me 4 days to get it all sanded and all the little rust spots removed. At least those i could see. Ive also brushed seam sealer all over the place, which made it look horrible now, but i think another layer of white will not harm anyone. Question aswell. What colour should I paint the underside? I dont think white would be very practical, but if the underside would have been white from the factory then... Another recommendation I got was to do something with the sunroof drainage pipes at the front. From factory they just end at the inside of the sills. No go, I have sealed those completely, the water would have no escape from there. So maybe an attempt to shorten them, continue with softer and smaller diameter pipe/hose, and guide those to the wheel arch?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.