Everything posted by chris m
-
VBOA Billing 2014 Chat thread
I know how you feel Ken, ended up working some of the day instead and then started some work on the v6 engine rebuild.
-
VBOA Billing 2014 Chat thread
Looks a nice quiet area...well it did till a load of old cavs turned up. Bet your neighbours love you mate!
-
VBOA Billing 2014 Chat thread
Well i was was within an inch of my life tonight of repeating my trick of two years ago and buying another cav to attend Billing, the blue cav of ebay, that is. It wasnt expensive and it did at least work, the insurance seemed a bit steep, most players wanting over £200 for a basic classic policy. Decided to leave it be in the end and buy some new parts for peters engine. Have new cam belt kit. Water pump, thermostat and oil cooler ordered to get it back running. Going to stick with what i have, will take longer in the end, but its more likely peter will see the road again, unlike if i buy another working cav that is.
-
VBOA Billing 2014 Chat thread
That's a bit of a blow Dave, can you not limp it there with four gears?
-
VBOA Billing 2014 Chat thread
LMAO! Its 24 hour clock mate, will go all the way to 23.59 before it resets. 13 o'clock is actually the time Munt arrives for an 8.00 meet. :P
-
Red mk2 cav
:D :D Billing 2014? loads of time.
-
Red mk2 cav
Looks like photoshop then. Come on davedave, take this as a warning to get your act together before some other loon sees it and jumps on the idea! :P
-
Red mk2 cav
looks more like its had redex put in the tank, smokes just like that. ;D
-
VBOA Billing 2014 Chat thread
I haven't fitted a starter motor yet, its just some morning its dead till you hit it. In fairness I have had a good run of 3.5 years with just basic servicing to pay for and a couple of tyres, that's what makes the decision to swap it so hard because its basically a good van and some of the second hand stuff out there is proper ropey, a joiner I know bought a used vivaro, gearbox went in the first month £1500, then varying issues after that. If only Vauxhall had made a mk2 cavalier van, it would be so much easier.
-
VBOA Billing 2014 Chat thread
well its decision time, new starter motor, dual mass flywheel, clutch etc or new van? anyone know anything about Nissan nv200 vans?
-
VBOA Billing 2014 Chat thread
we'll get in trouble for posting here, so i'll go to the chat thread.
-
VBOA Billing 2014 Chat thread
That's fighting talk Brett! I've no chance in a cav, and its not looking hopeful in the van either as things stand.....need to buy another cav for £300 like when i got betty, something I can use daily with no headaches!
-
members map
It would be handy to know where other cars are stored, in case you need a rare part in the middle of the night.
-
Mid spec Cdi on gumtree
Like the advert of been in the garden for the last ten years.....beats the old barn find chestnut.
-
What tow car.
Can agree with the musso, very slow but also supremely comfortable.. Volvo t5?
-
What tow car.
Kia Sedona! Like driving in your lounge, not the most refined engine, will tow 2 tonne, but so comfy and much better than the crap citroen Picasso we have now.
-
VBOA Billing 2014 Chat thread
Well its out for me, I am not buying another cav for the occasion as that only attracts flooding and the country has seen enough of that already. My own two wrecks will still be the same by then anyway as I have no time to move them on and I am not turning up in a French van again either!
-
Coventry Spares Day Sunday 09 March 2014
Why has it gone quieter? The time I went was busy, although I think the dual carriageway right next to the hotel helped......(for speed testing purposes) and of course my dear old estate car "blue peter". Thinking back, that car used more fuel up and down the dual carriageway that weekend than I did getting from Blackpool to Coventry. No surprise there though! After tipping out the pub after 7.00pm full of beer and seeing this estate car hurtling off the roundabout and away gone down the dual carriageway again, not sure who was at the wheel that time but it still amazes me the police didn't turn up in the whole weekend. :D
-
New Member
Welcome budgie! Pics please, would be nice to see one with wheels. I have one too, but it doesn't move anywhere. :angel:
-
Coventry Spares Day Sunday 09 March 2014
its tempting to have a stall looking at all the stuff I have here, but I'm not doing the weekend anyway so my shed will have to stay full for a while longer.
-
sign up winter meet
Russian standard? Matt
-
sign up winter meet
Ouch! You need to speak your mind more often ms Holmes.
-
sign up winter meet
Shame matt, MR C will probably be in bed by then! ;D
-
sign up winter meet
Cheap rooms but overall cost out of my budget so i'm out but hope you all have a top time and remember to drink the bar DRY!
-
SRI ENGINE 130
Can you speak up a bit please?