Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MK2CAV.COM

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Robbytencavs

NON MEMBER
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Robbytencavs

  1. Thanks If you ever fancy a change to a hatchback let me know.... I was going to take a look at the one identified in bristol but could not get there that weekend and someone else on this site I believe has bought it since. Oh well I shall wait for the next one to appear.
  2. According to my ex and most of my friends, most definitely hell!! My daughter likes it though!
  3. Unfortunately the cdi is not mint but it is clean! It has a little body work to do. But it does drive really nice. Debating whether to do anything like brakes suspension modding to it or whether to hold out the saloon I really want! I assume you mean the green convertible, I have four of them! The green is my favorite, I parked it up a number years ago down the side of the house after a mate hit a central reservation in northern spain. He only put to 2 grooves down the side but I parked it up and never got round to getting it sorted. I'm hoping next year will see it back on the road. The other convertibles are in various states of disrepair, although I am hoping to have the silver one (zxcurts formerly) on the road for the end of the summer. Another subject but does anyone have insurance companies they can recommend for insuring these cavaliers cheaply?
  4. Yes it is a nice car, needs a little work but is lovely to drive. Still going to keep an eye out for a later plate saloon as, I dont know why, but I prefer them. Then sell this one on.
  5. Pics of new toy Another 2 pics of my favorite toy Still on the look out for an 87 or 88 cd saloon but the hatchback will do till that is found!
  6. Hi Just bought a gold c plate cd 1.8 cavalier hatchback. Has 1 owner since new. less than 93K. Full service history. All electrics on it working. Interior spotless! Exterior very clean but has had welding done in the past and will need some in the future. Has a strange place going rusty, the post by top hinge on the passengers side front door! I've never had one go rusty here before.
  7. Hi again thanks for the help. Below are the pics of my current mk2's. Green one is the one I have had the longest.Has been resprayed, lowered, different wheels and exhaust. Blue bought a few years ago but has now been smashed up so will just be for spares. The red one is available if any one wants it. It has no engine and gearbox, the body is rotten and has a knock from the rear. Generally the outside is not pretty. The interior was very clean when it was parked up about 3 years ago. It is the L model. I am interested in zxcurts convertible if anyone knows how to get in touch with him as he has not responded to my response to his post. Thanks Rob
  8. Hi again I was going to put a couple of pics of my cars up on this post but can't work out how to do it! Can anyone give me a brief lesson in how to do this? thanks Rob
  9. Hi New to this forum. Have been a fan of this car for a long time, first one I owed would have been a GLSI around 1990. Followed by a 1.6L around 1992 that I tried to kill myself in! (accident honest). Then in 1993 I bought my 1st convertible (that I had wanted since seeing one at the earls court motor show as a kid). I still have this car and intend to fit a V6 to it. This project has so far taken 6years and hasn't started yet, just took the car of the road!. I then bought another convertible of ebay around 3 years ago but this turned out to be rotten and wasn't worth putting back on the road then was hit and had the back caved in in my front garden! I have responded to zxcurt re his convertible as I would be interested but have yet to receive a response, heres hoping..... Once I have a working MK11 again I hope to join you and attend a show or two so look forward to those times maybe. Rob

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.