Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MK2CAV.COM

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Richie

NON MEMBER
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Richie

  1. Richie posted a topic in NEW USERS
    Hi Guys First time on here for a few years so thought I'd post as some of you don't do other platforms. Just had a read on a few projects and nice to see some new and old faces, stuy, abo, nice to see you guys back. Greg, nice to see nothing changed with the LX🤣, Well the saabalier is still tucked up after 3 years and shes still looking fine, took a once over it last week and needs a few machanical things doing for a mot but at the moment i've no desire to do anything to it, still lost the mojo 😪 Like a few of you i've been busy with divorce, luckerly it was a mutal thing so all good, been busy with a new house, life and women for the last couple of years, amazing how divorce makes you look at things differently 🤣. Hope you all have been keeping safe during this difficult 12 months and maybe catch up 1 day 👍
  2. Richie replied to andy's topic in CLUB EVENTS
    It was nice to meet you too buddy, you left early this morning ?
  3. Richie replied to andy's topic in CLUB EVENTS
    I picking some parts from devises then heading to milton keynes before heading to wellingborough.
  4. name rings a bell
  5. Richie replied to andy's topic in CLUB EVENTS
    Whats up jonny, you forgotten how to clean a white cav ?
  6. Richie posted a topic in CLUB EVENTS
    Ok seen some rumors that its all over, any truth in this GreyDJ ?
  7. Richie replied to andy's topic in CLUB EVENTS
    If I must.
  8. 28th Aug Andy, ok for you Rabbit.
  9. Richie replied to Norfo19's topic in NEW USERS
    I struggled to sell a gold sri130 a few years ago, even a helios blue one and both were in good condition.
  10. Richie replied to Norfo19's topic in NEW USERS
    Wow thats a nice motor andy, are you going to use it or lock it away ?
  11. I agree with what your saying buddy but also your point is from the outside, we at mk2cav.com have become lazy when it comes to billing, this is because many years ago it was too regimented and nobody enjoyed it, nowaday's we use it as a annual meeting where we meet and chat and have a jolly time, now you mention nobody on our stand, well you must of came when most were somewhere else (pub)because whenever I was sitting in our marque and looking around i saw club members talking to people by cavs all the time. I totally agree about the section behind the cav bar, they like to be in there own little village but are totally friendly and approachable Im a FB member and always encouraging people to join us at billing(mostly because im sick of our exsisting members bullshit) as its nice to meet new members , I have said this whilst at billing, I dont understand why some FB members wont join us at billing but are happy to be with a club who dont have any other cavs on there stand ? I agree about the bunting, it make's you feel your not aloud in and you just walk by, we have tried many differant ways in setting up our stand but whenever we do have someone who organise's where cars go and tents , then arguements start and nobody listens. This year was my 10th and some years not even with a cavalier but I always enjoy it, we even have done a couple of euro trips too, we are a friendly bunch and some totally bonkers but remember it take's 2 and even we were new members once.
  12. your too late to book so your have to pay at the gate at billing.
  13. If your a club member then of course you can buddy, just pull up on the stand and I'm sure someone will advise you were to park.
  14. Richie replied to sal's topic in NEW USERS
    I had a white one a few years ago, was a v6 but the previous owner couldnt scrap it as the body was perfect, so he put a xe in it, was a nice motor but was only a stop gap for me.
  15. Richie replied to OOG's topic in CLUB EVENTS
    well im looking forward to combe, booking a couple of track times this year, retro is bank hol weekend which means beer fest at pub
  16. we all camp in the pub grounds at tewksbury and head to retro sunday morning.
  17. Richie replied to redexstyle's topic in NEW USERS
    I kept looking at this car on ebay, looks really nice and welcome buddy
  18. Come for the weekend Greg, stay at the pub ?
  19. Hi guys. What with the new site going live and it being my 10th anniversary with mk2cav.com I thought I would write a blog, hopefully encouraging others to do the same! I first joined the club in 2005, after buying an SRi. I wanted to join a club and be a part of something that fellow owners had in common; now I'm a quiet sort of person and was a little apprehensive about my first experience of meeting new people.. but after making the effort I now have some fantastic friends all over the country. I have had many cavs over the last 10 years as I have not been been able to pin down and find exactly what I want. Even the fantastic V6 Calibre project I put together didn't quite hit me where I thought it would and give the buzz that I was looking for. This wasn't the car, but the driver - and I think that's one of the joys of a cav. There were so many variants. There was something for everyone, but throw a bit more customisation into the mix and you can have any car you like. I now have that with my "Saab-alier" and I'm looking forward to adding it to the garage, as soon as I get my laptop sorted! Joining mk2cav.com has been a blast as I have had some truly fantastic times at events; from club meets in darkest Northampton in the depths of winter (well piss-ups really) through to doing two amazing euro trips which I would recommend anyone doing if they do nothing else.If there's one thing this site gives you, it's a sense of been a part of something great. You know most people by face as they also made the effort like me to show up at events not knowing what to think(!) and as a result, the future for this club looks brilliant. This new site is testament to that, but also to the fact sometimes we should also challenge our modern habits. I enjoy Facebook like most, but it will never give that feeling of been apart of something. So for all those that had input into the new site to push it forward, you have my sincere thanks. I look forward to many more years of mk2cav.com and look forward to meeting all friends old and new, that I'm sure will be a part of this great community for years to come. Richie.
  20. Was good to see you and the family buddy.
  21. Thats what my mates are for, they help you out when you breakdown and recover you, they even give you a gold plastic card ;D
  22. Thats no excuse, job should take no more that 30 mins to change the pipe.
  23. Yep same camp site.
  24. Fri and Sat and yes to bbq.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.