Everything posted by andy
-
[EVENT] Frostbite 2009
What did you have to leave at John's?
-
[EVENT] Frostbite 2009
Right, I have the club hosting ready, so if anyone emails pics to andy@mk2cav.com I will add them to the gallery post and subsequent article. All pics up already I will add if thats ok.. Special greets have to go to the fantastically understanding other halves of Mag Racing, Newbody and Jimmy Cav for putting up with a whole weekend of cav related banter! Although Kirsty for which is sounds like could be a chance to join the ranks for Clara and Steffi as owners who "get" the MK2 thing! It was great to meet Timthebus and Newbody, Mag Racing and Newbody - and for an albeit quick catch up with Matt. I only wish that we could have had an ibis like affair with an open area we could all have congregated in. Being shifted from the restaurant to a busy bar area certainly made things more difficult when compared to previous meets! Still, getting my results back and some nice meds (to which I know drinking with was not a good idea!) I'm not dying of anything, and despite being ill and a bit out of it - am really glad that I made it up in one piece! helped in part by a convoy with bright yellow and white cavs to keep me on the road in a straight line! Was also nice bumping into Rolfe in his Calibre too! Therich, I know you were there somewhere!! I hope to see your other purchases soon! I realised this weekend the perspective I wish everyone had - that life is too short. Without being too morbid, I think it's important to put something in perspective. Whilst my growth may have been cause to celebrate, I personally felt guilty that I had time to venture out and enjoy myself where in little over 10 hours time I not only have to return to a day of the normal academic hustle and bustle but I have to visit two of my students - Two of my final year students are at various stages of acute lukemia one of them is close to death and the other has been given a 12% chance of survivall depending on his stem cell treatment. I have to visit them in hospital to take them their work. It made me put everything in perspective and made me want to live my life to the full. As a result of which I plan to give this year my all. Makes me thankful for some of the people I have had a chance to meet through this site over the years and hope to continue to meet so apologies to anyone if I was a little off coloured, and thanks to those who understood. If people email me their pics I will get them hosted up as soon as they arrive in my inbox. If anyone has any pics from the welsh meet the week before they want putting up do let me know as I have a couple from that I took to get up too. I loved the key throwing incident that went on in the middle of the night too! ;D
-
[EVENT] Frostbite 2009
Meeeeeeee!! Whooooooost!! Blitz Steffi Paul Tim (unless the weather is really shit) Newbody unless the fuel pump blows between now and then Andy - weather will be shit but hey!
- sticker
- sticker
-
I needs one!
Some dealers would fit them as a cost option - £900 + Installation of GTE harness. I only know of this because this Scottish chap I met at a historic rally in a black 130 some years ago had the receipt for the installation when the car was still only 2 months old!
-
Irmscher Ascona C C20XE
I thought that too! Looks good.
-
[EVENT] Performance Vauxhall 2008 Events Gallery Live
Jumbo-size clickable panoramic image!
-
[EVENT] Performance Vauxhall 2008 Events Gallery Live
As per subject. Will hopefully get some text on there this week to flesh things out a little. Enjoy, and remember we had some good weather (unlike Billing!) Click on Events 2008 on the menu to the left titled site content and then click on the title of the show. People really need to get used to this rather than being lazy and requesting a direct link. However I know for a very unfortunate few of you your menus are still broken (you cannot expand them with the + / - symbols after the forums top menu. So here is a link for you guys: Events 2008 category or alternatively - To the Article itself Cheers, Andy
-
Old (ish) photos
Good work! Always nice to see old cavaliers!
-
Old (ish) photos
On photobucket, click the on the text in box below the thumbnail image you want to use that starts with and a yellow box will pop up saying "copied" after that, go to your post on here and right click, then click paste or press CTRL+V. Sounds like you are almost there!
-
Hello from chilly Brighton!!
I love this car, if you are planning on getting rid of the GL bits at any point let me know and I'll have them off you. Welcome aboard, so happy this came around and via the site!
- hello
-
Hello from good old germany
Just use a site like photobucket and then post the "clickable thumbnail image" shortcuts up here by copy and pasting them..
-
I need spares
Put a post up in the "parts wanted thread" Here is a link and welcome to the site.. http://www.mk2cav.com/smf/index.php?board=30.0
-
hello
I completely agree, so less talk, more action.. I want to see mk2's on the road.. not a repeat of the blue hatch..
-
Another Chevrolet Monza from Brazil!
Yesss! A Monza that looks like a cavalier at front end! EXCELLENT and welcome!
-
Timthebus's 130
Nice find there mate, sounds like the same mileage as Tim's and just as shiny!
-
Chevy Monza - New Photos
Yup. Shame you don't own an early Monza that looks like the Cavaliers we know and love...
-
noobie
I was told by an insurer that the category of insurance is that of the engine. I'm borrowing a V6 Sri Vectra estate and it's the same group as my Calibre was with a V6 in it.
-
noobie
I drove my first V6 cav when I was 22 - it was group 15/16 depending on where you went. Not that bad considering it would (on a track) crack 150 on the clocks with plenty to go..
-
saying hello
I'm just down the road in Bristol with family in Chippenham if you need anything from this neck of the woods..
-
newbe
I know, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion and style. You know I'm only playing.
-
newbe
Guess u wont be fitting that SEH after all then Ken!?
-
newbe
Plenty of people talked about it, none have done it! Id you kept the standard looks could be quite special. Another one saved is another one saved. Regardless of its workings underneath I rekon. Then again, don't do it if it's not going to get to the same condition as your mini! ;D