Everything posted by andy
-
New to MK2
PM me the password you want and Ill delete this account after doing the necessary!
-
New to MK2
Nice to meet you John mate! Was taking it easy.. clutch is pretty spooned now after the weeknends frivoloty! Luckily I have 5 friction plates here... ;D What sites do you frequent normally? If you live nearish Kingswood I'm sure you'll see it around, also drive a 2.6 Vec Sri as a daily. Christ. Stage two supercharger?!! Sounds like fun!
-
ANYONE INTERESTED IN RESTORING A 1982 1600 AUTO MK2 CAVALIER
Great to hear, especially as mines is a GL too. As for 'relationship' with does this count? [img width=292 height=277]http://www.mk2cav.com/body/main/html/clubfeatures/andyk/yellow/me&cav.jpg Sorry for the diversion now lets save this one.
-
ANYONE INTERESTED IN RESTORING A 1982 1600 AUTO MK2 CAVALIER
This is awesome. From zero to 3 in a few days. Totally vindicated in putting a split 60:40 seat in now! ;D
-
ANYONE INTERESTED IN RESTORING A 1982 1600 AUTO MK2 CAVALIER
That's awesome!! Does it have a single piece rear seat?! Could be first one I've seen since mine if it does... like ever!
-
ANYONE INTERESTED IN RESTORING A 1982 1600 AUTO MK2 CAVALIER
I've never seen a GL without a passenger wing mirror ???
-
another newbie from holland
Hello Patrick, Great to hear from you, and I hope you consider meeting up with us sometime for an event one day. I too have a car from my mother which I fought hard to keep from being scrapped, even when I was a youngster still too. She died in 1990, I got the car in 2000 and well, 2010 is the year itll be running again! THese are three lovely Ascona's I really like the period details. The LPG conversion sounds interesting, and the condition of the red one looks really impressive, I'm sure you will get the little bit's and pieces sorted on it in the next three months! Why is that a deadline for you? In your second picture there is another ascona in the background? What car is this? Pictures of the red one have me hankering for a standard car to add to the fleet. These look great.
-
ANYONE INTERESTED IN RESTORING A 1982 1600 AUTO MK2 CAVALIER
That's ace! Really like early hatches - who'd have thought. Original 13"s too! Hope someone tries to take this one on!
-
[EVENT] Potential 2010/11 Rolling Road
I'm sure you will always find something.
-
[EVENT] Potential 2010/11 Rolling Road
No date has been set as yet Dawn. Your car would be more than welcome. I was thinking more after the main events of the year are over, but before it starts to get cold! July / August / September time but maybe only the first week.
- 1.3 Cav
-
[EVENT] Potential 2010/11 Rolling Road
If mine is going to make it yours can, in some shape or form. We need a SW contingent Even better if they are mythical creatures, or urban legend ;D
-
[EVENT] Potential 2010/11 Rolling Road
[img width=740 height=179]http://www.mk2cav.com/body/main/events/2008events/Rolling08_1024/Rolling08_147.jpg I've been speaking with Tim and we were both thinking it's about time for our bi-annual rolling road meet. SO: I am unsure when it will be as yet, but I do know that it will probably be at Jamsport, or Northampton motorsport - but both are in relitavely close proximity to each other. So put your name down if you are 80% likely to be able to make a session this year potentially after Billing to keep things interesting event wise. Non-members will need to be members at the time of the run to get the discount (think of it as free membership!) but there is nothing wrong with turning up as a non member to run your Cavalier. Remember it's a health check for standard cars too. This is just a heads up at this point. I'm expecting (hoping) for a complete range completely different cavs!! For example; At least one CDi...... Matt, Katherine! Here is a link to the 2008 event... it was epic! Most MK2's we ever had in one place, and in one convoy! ;D This is a link to the expected / anticipated and actual power figures on that day 2 years ago. Andy - The Peril Tim - SRi130 Matt O - CDi Copper (100% ) Paul - SRi vrs03 - Sri-auto Brett - Loves it when a plan comes together neilsri130 - 130 saloon Magpie - Saloon Jonny - Middle earth's England's finest SRi V6 Dazzy130 - SRi200+ 4x4(ish) keir (in steffis cdi) steffi (in nodes) Roger -some rust
-
Welcome to Hungary :)
Available in High Quality (HQ button) and Fullscreen (Button to the right of HQ).
-
Hello from Ukraine!
Hello Ivan, welcome to the site. To clarify Jonny's point, Opel made the 2 door models throughout the Ascona's life, but Vauxhall in their shortmindedness decided they were not "hip" enough and ceased production so over here there are probably only one or two examples left. Of which we have one in the club. Any more pictures of the ascona from the front? Glad to see examples are still alive in harsher climates.. oh wait.. mines outside in the UK.. ;D
-
Ascona C CD owner
Glad to see you got it posted up OK, welcome to the site. I notice the Opel's are always slightly lower specification wise. Ascona's always slightly lower than UK cars. My Ascona SR/e (SRi Cavalier) had no rear spoiler, or heated / electric mirrors and the stereo is not as high as same year over here. I think this makes your car a bit more rare on this site!! Great work! I have a CD I am going to be driving it soon with a 1.8 too: http://www.mk2cav.com/forum/index.php?topic=14464.0
-
Ascona C CD owner
Taken form the FAQ section..
-
MOVED: No more white wheels
This topic has been moved to OFF-TOPIC DISCUSSION. [iurl]http://www.mk2cav.com/forum/index.php?topic=14372.0[/iurl]
-
Chris66 new new to mk2cav
Think we should get you on commission mate Seriously though, I have the pics and Paul Y has the know how I'm sure one could be done at some point. I'm looking at the future of the site itself at the moment. Learning a lot along the way too. But yup, Tim is your man for membership.
-
Wheels What do you think??
That link led me to this link: Love the bit throwing them around etc.. hahah my ronals defo wouldn't take that abuse! Nice to have something to aspire to though!
-
Wheels What do you think??
Bold straight lines and small squaarish shapes seem to work best. Some old school rims work well on early cars like stealths etc.. but only sometimes. With 18s you do run the risk of creating a car you can't drive freely as with smaller wheels too. They will corner well, but you won't like it on "average roads" ;D
-
Hello people...
Maybe a Calibre kit wrapped new unfitted signed by the whole of the GM board might be though.. Unless you meant £50...
-
Just become a Mk2 Cav owner
Hardly any of these ended up with those wheels. I guess you have to imagine them back in the day... >
-
The owner of E267 JTC
I would kill for a smoke / smoke even roughly metallic grey 130 saloon!
-
RUSSIAN HACKERS ATTACK MK2CAV.COM
Casper re-set us to a standard install, so certain bells and whistles and all the site content is not available for now. I know we have been in discussion about moving this to a better server anyway, so this may have been the last straw. But for now, we are here in essence. Windows defender or any strong antivirus should have kept anything nasty at bay, I know of a couple people I have to help check out everything is ok, but it should be fine.