Everything posted by andy
-
VBOA Billing 2014 Sign up thread
Just a reminder that everyone with a MK2 on the stand or who is planning to camp with us over on the stand should be a paid up, full member or at least accompanying one as a close friend, relative, partner, spouse, child, pet, or other(!) Failure to do so will result in being chased for membership on the day and upon any refusal non-admittance It's a legal, binding, insurance condition that only club member's vehicles are on the stand on the day.
-
Coventry Spares Day Sunday 09 March 2014
Keep us updated too as we are thinking of going up Sunday am too *potentially*
-
Coventry Spares Day Sunday 09 March 2014
Last year was pretty quiet, but then again MK2 parts were pretty low on the ground. Still got a few bits I needed. THinking about taking a fly up to this - whose going?! Teazers going! ;D ;D
-
VBOA Billing 2013 Signup
HAve you got a time-machine too?! ;D Think you're looking for the 2014 thread! :angel:
-
sign up winter meet
:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o ;D
-
sign up winter meet
You do realise there will be drunken phonecalls? All this talk of economic recovery - I'm yet to see any! Was working to a 2am deadline last night so hear your pain!
-
New member
Hello and welcome!! Thought I'd add that a 1.3 cav on a classic policy might not be as dear as you might imagine! I spotted that car in the summer, and I think Brett did before - but it's great to know others are on the look out for saving them!!
-
sign up winter meet
Rooms are still only £36! I'm booked up! ;D
-
sign up winter meet
Looking at this when I get back from a family do on Sunday pm!
-
Ascona C from Poland
Love the look of that. I love my ascona c 3.0, but it does look right the other way around!
-
Ascona C from Poland
Maciek, which part of Poland are you from? I am in the country a couple of times a year (at least!). Normally around Tarnowskie Góry area. Your LS looks in great condition. Welcome to the club, please consider it your home too.
-
new member
Someone will have a rough one to use as a template and people have them made up brand new from that. Brett on here had just that done and I think I'll need one for the Ched.
-
new member
Yup, the antibes and club were better but not by much. Wonder if that celulose is what painters meant by tpa that they used at one point? The run out Luton put together must have been cheaper metal or used less paint as it became very clear the early cars and particularly the Belgian cars last the longest. Actually thinking about it the chassis leg detachment is almost always *normally* on late cars
-
new member
Commanders in particular seemed to received the thinnest paint of all. The LX was seen as a premium run out in comparison, but everything was done as cheap as possible on the commander. In terms of spec engineering (which set opel / vauxhall up with special editions) it was the low point quality wise! Still, it had a TV advert with Hugh Laurie in it, so it's not all bad... ;D
-
cav in scrappy
Speaker grilles on rear side supports say early / mid though till you noticed that. So just the shelf / supports and perhaps a pic of the doorcards then I guess. Gutted, really after a set of early belts still. Even just a drivers one. The rears could wait!
-
cav in scrappy
Many thanks, one in orwin has loads of holes drilled through it. Dave can you not strengthen it with some metal or similar?
-
cav in scrappy
After the parcel shelf supports and shelf itself and possibly door cards too potentially. What colour is the dash? I know gm j car needs s brown one in good nick! Also, is it running early seatbelts? If so, I need all 4 am desperate for an early set!
-
1985 SRI VALUE ????
You do realise that's the nicest car in the street right?! Which wheels is it running? If this is for sale, it needs to be moved and locked - is it for sale Paul?
-
winter meet
We've talked about Alton Before a couple of years ago. Problem is, once you go fast track on a couple of rides it's hard to go back for all the rest of the rides. At least we'd have company though! Plus in Oct it would prob be raining so the queues would be less! (as it is seasonal) Although they do open up for special events!
-
Billing 2013 Chat thread
Great summaries! Think the Friday night carnage is right up there with my favorites too. Next year, definitely going to add that extra day back on as arriving on Friday / not leaving Monday felt a bit strange! Highlights for me are many also. Tim - drinking everything under the sun Friday night and bringing his MK2! Rocket for his black bin bags of meat, (BUT NOT THE TEQUILA!) newbody for the iceberg paddling pool which REALLY cooled. Teazer for stripping down my carb on Sunday morning the first time (now been done again, so thanks for the induction!), the estate / boot filling fiasco (bretts keys!). Actually finding loads of bits that were useful in autojumble. Meeting new members for the first time, realising that kat's first billing was a stormer and that she wants to do it all again. (she actually likes being around you nutters - thanks esp to the girls for making her feel welcome). Thank you to everyone who helped out, as tim says - taking things down / putting things up, cooking, attending or selling! Can't wait for next year already!
-
VBOA Billing 2014 Chat thread
Seems as good a time as any.. After a very successful 2013 event, next year's event will be on Saturday and Sunday July 12th and 13th, 2014.
-
Billing 2013 Chat thread
Here's the main rough montage. A lot of other clips to cut together yet. Chris.. I hope it lives up to expectations.. [/html] Whilst not the best montage, I'm saving myself for next year! Stay tuned for more from this weekend! Apologies for the music, it wouldn't upload with the "real" music I wanted to use, so I wrote something quickly last night to fill the gap!
-
Billing 2013 Chat thread
How many people can you fit in Brett's SRi Hatchback ;D [/html]
-
Billing 2013 Chat thread
How many people can you fit in a Cavalier Estate? [/html]
-
Billing 2013 Chat thread
Rich, could you email me these exact ones? Also anyone get a good shot of Tom's estate?