Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MK2CAV.COM

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hi there!

Featured Replies

Hi folks

I've owned a MK2 for 15 years now. I learned to drive in it and never did have the courage- or need to let it go! I have a 1982 1.6GLS auto (hatchback) Up until now I never really thought there would be a club or web site, but as parts are now getting hard to find for the old devil I thought I'd do a search and up this place came!

I hope to chat to you all, have fun, and most of all be able to swap stories/info about our robust lil cars :)

See you around the board

Dawn  

Am sure this rabble, will make you more than welcome ;D

Hi Dawn, welcolme to the asylum I mean club. :)

Thanks! I'm afraid my little car is a little scruffy compared to some of your vehicles, though! I've tried to keep it right, but garages just laugh at me when I take it these days  :'(

Hopefully you guys can give me some good advice on how to keep the old boy in better shape :)  

theres plenty of help here one you join up ;)once your a member theres all the help in the world and some other numbers for parts :Ha :Ha

I just joined ( I hope) using the online paypal method : )  I'm sure they will tell me if I've goofed  :Ha  Knowing me, it wouldn't be suprising hehehe ;)

Yep got ya form, and paypal is completed. Membership pack will be in the post next week, and am sure Andy will move you upto membership status for the forum's ;)

Welcome to the club, I am sure you will be more than happy about joining and meeting all of us at the next big event...VBOA at Billing Aquadrome, countdown. .  4 weeks away 8)

Thanks! You don't know how good it is to know there are others out there who like this old workhorse as much as I do!

The car introduced me to driving, and even though I try and reserve its use now (for its own good), I really needed to find people who understood my obsession with such a 'classic.' And, who could help me, being a gal to keep it running :)

You guys have been so welcoming I know I've found the right place!

Dawn :)

hi and welcome to the club dawn.hope u enjoy ;D ;D

Thanks! I'm afraid my little car is a little scruffy compared to some of your vehicles, though! I've tried to keep it right, but garages just laugh at me when I take it these days  :'(

Hopefully you guys can give me some good advice on how to keep the old boy in better shape :)  

1) Nothing wrong with scruffy!  

2) Better to be road worthy and reliable than tidy AND BROKE .

3) Most mechanics refer to it as a 'S H I T T E R'  ?  Try to persuade you that a service is worth more than the car ?

If you convince yourself the car is worth say £5k, it gives you a whole new perspective on life.  Not a problem spending £250 on rear arches anymore ?

My Sri cost £40.  I've spent £600 plus on it in a year and done 16,000 miles.  I could have done the repairs myself and spent £200 but I'm a bit too lazy and I need it for work, plus I've made £400 plus in business travel expences.  

If you convince yourself the car is worth say £5k, it gives you a whole new perspective on life.

LOL! Over the 15 years I've owned this car I think I've spent over that on it!  :Ha I never take notice of people who tell me its not worth fixing. I just get angry when the WON'T fix it *sighs*

need to keep as many alive as long as possible ;D ;D

LOL! Over the 15 years I've owned this car I think I've spent over that on it!  :Ha I never take notice of people who tell me its not worth fixing. I just get angry when the WON'T fix it *sighs*

Well if it makes you feel any better, I have maybe spent far to much on my lady over the last 12 years. Most people that tell me mines to old and past it, normally get blown away :Ha

you can never spend to much on a hoby and i aint suprised they been blown away and cavvys aint never to old

Welcome to the club, you`ll never regret joining it. I`ve not been here that long but everyone is very friendly and welcoming and you`re never far from some friednly advice and help.

not rocking the boat or owt but seem to be more helpfull and friendly on here than on the mk1oc

its easier to be nice  ;Dwere  all on here for the one reason we  like and love  mk2s why not make friends with like minded ppl ;)

not rocking the boat or owt but seem to be more helpfull and friendly on here than on the mk1oc

Yer it's ok I suppose  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Yer it's ok I suppose  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

[smiley=cwm11.gif] [smiley=icon_smokin.gif] [smiley=smile073.gif] :Ha

I have to agree with Daz there we get by welcome to the club dawn

Hey mr j this is one mechanic that wont call a mk2 a sh*tter well unless its mine  :Ha

not rocking the boat or owt but seem to be more helpfull and friendly on here than on the mk1oc

Is the mk1oc all astra GTE's or are shopping cars  allowed?  Might be that ?  

I have to agree with Daz there we get by welcome to the club dawn

Hey mr j this is one mechanic that wont call a mk2 a sh*tter well unless its mine  :Ha

I tried to get a couple of bodyshops to quote for rear arches and one said we don't do RUST, we only do crash, the other said It's not worth quoting cause it'll be more than the cars worth.    

The nicest mechanics have been the RAC, we an OH GREAT a proper car.  (Mind you the air in take pipe had come off the AFM so the fix was like 12 seconds)

all mk1 astras but i do have a gte maybe its cus its not got a 16 valver or turbo?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.