Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MK2CAV.COM

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New Member

Featured Replies

Hello to Everyone.

Have just registered with the club, and am impressed with the site. I didn't realise the MK2 Cav, had so many ardent fans...

For my sins, I have just bought a 1983 REED GREEN MK2, that was advertised on a Classic Car website, as well as this site. The seller didn't want it to go to that [glow=red,2,300]Great Graveyard in the Sky[/glow], and as I wanted an "everyday useable practical classic" that I could have a bash at restoring, the car suited my needs.  I have never welded or restored a car in the past, but it is a project I am looking forwards to..... ;D

I have driven Cavaliers before, but only as an onerous "Repmobile".  I have never had one as a classic car, instead, keeping to Volvos, Renaults, Vanden Plas', Jaguars, Triumphs, Ford Cortinas and several others, but now that is about to change.....

Anyway, sorry for rambling. When restoration gets underway, I will post some pictures. There are pictures of her in her current state, on site, posted by Lisa, the very nice lady who sold me her.

Just a week ago, I saw a D plate Red Convertible MK2 in Sandon/Great Baddow in Essex. It was nice to see a true classic shape convertible car, instead of the jelly mouilds that are being put out by manufacturers of today. Whose is it? Anybody know?

Keep up the good work.

welcome to the site Sammy, glad to see Lisa's Mk2 went to a deserving home.

Look forward to seeing pics of it as the resto progresses, if you have any questions please fire away,  there is a lot of knowledge on the site

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.