February 7, 200521 yr comment_3819 Sadly at present i dont own a mk2 cav Ok, a brief history:D-plate sri 1.8 hatchE-plate sri 2.0 hatchE-plate sri 130 saloonF-plate sri 130 hatch...mintowing to stupidity and a change of job i sold my 130,biggest mistake ever.Recently found an 1-owner! e-plate 130 hatch owned by a lady who after seeing her in sainsburys carpark and explaining im a mk2 cav enthusiast, has given me first refusal on her pride and joy. Problem: not selling till the end of the year, could do with some advice here everybody,do i sit it out and wait or search elsewhere because i dont want to wait that long! :? Report
February 7, 200521 yr comment_3822 hi Phil, welcome.....If i was in your shoes i would hold out, if she is genuine about giving you first dibs on a really nice one then i would grab it with both hands, in the meantine you could always while away your time with something a little cheaper to keep you ticking over....so to speak....There's a few Mk2's in the for sale section, some of them look ok as well..... Report
February 7, 200521 yr comment_3833 I would just buy one now, then when this Lady is selling her 130 give us a shout,I'll buy it ;D Report
February 7, 200521 yr comment_3839 hello and welcome phil,gotta go along with the other guys on this,'cos anything can happen between now and the end of the year. Report
February 8, 200521 yr comment_3854 buy the way if you want a black SRi130 i know of one for sale now ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Report
February 8, 200521 yr comment_3940 ;D Yeah must start looking for a car again soon,just hope i dont get let down on the one owner classic thats all :'(Oh yeah and details of the motor will be kept to a minimum,dont want to get involved in a bidding war with u guys ;D ;D ;D Report
February 9, 200521 yr comment_3987 I'm going to be the Prophet of Doom again.So lets do a descision tree analysis.Option 1. Wait until Dec 2005 - Possible outcomes :a) She's Lost your Number. Her Relatives tell her to put it on Ebayc) Her relatives have become members of mk2cav.com and have read Andy's oppinions on values and are holding out for a fecking randsom.d) She sells it you at a price you can afford.Option 2. Buy a nice easy to sell mk2 Cav. Lots available but 130's always easy to sell (apparently) but 1.8's nearly as fast in the right hands.Possible Outcomes:a) She's Lost your Number. Her Relatives tell her to put it on Ebayc) Her relatives have become members of mk2cav.com and have read Andy's oppinions on values and are holding out for a fecking randsom.d) She phones you, you have no spare cash.e) She phone you, you buy it and flog the other mk2f) She phones you, you decide that it's too good to use daily and you keep it for week-ends.Option 2 seems to work out better. Now HOW are you going to make sure that she remembers you ? Report
February 9, 200521 yr comment_3989 Mark's advice looks sound enough to me. Welcome aboard mate.A runner for ten months had got to be a good option. Report
February 9, 200521 yr comment_3991 Mark's advice looks sound enough to me. Welcome aboard mate.A runner for ten months had got to be a good option.Based on experience.I spoke to 2 owners in about August to Oct 2003 about an Lxi and SRi. Whilst I was still looking I came across a CDi (Long story old thread blah blah) Auto which the owner was stuggling to get rid of. It came with 6 months MOT some tax and was Free. 3 Months later the owner of LXi phoned to say they wanted £400 for it (which I declined as it had no MOT) and 5 months after that the SRi owner phoned me and I did a £40 deal. Got £180 quid for CDi with a little tax still on it via autotrader. The SRi now OWES me £540 !, but I'm not counting. Report
February 9, 200521 yr comment_4004 Yeah,difficult situation im in really,just have to hope the lady keeps her word Do see the car about so should really approach her again hoping she may sell it early!Thing that worries me is she may wonder why im so keen to buy her car,does she then decide to put the price up or will she think im a freak if i mention it again [smiley=embarassed.gif]to be honest im not really sure how to approach the situation,any advice would be appreciated Report
February 10, 200521 yr comment_4009 basical every 2 months just say hi,howz it going etc,or change ya number 4 months time,and leave her the new one(that gives you a excuse to remind her) Report
February 10, 200521 yr comment_4030 Be aware that if the car gets stolen then the owner will pass your details on to the Police. ;DHappened to me once when an old guy with a mint SRi saloon had it broken in to after I'd left my number under his windscreen! Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.