Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MK2CAV.COM

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Greetings

Featured Replies

Hello, My name is Aaron, I'm from Southern ont. we have an assortment of J-cars here. we call them J-bodies. they are the Cadillac Cimarron, Oldsmobile Firenza, Buick Skyhawk, Pontiac J2000, Pontiac Sunbird, Pontiac Sunfire and of coarse the Chevrolet Cavaliers. i have a few samples of these cars. somewhere around the 16 of them mark. some are just parts cars, some are awaiting some much needed attention. i am also the "public face" of our car club here in ont. J-body Club of Ontario. pre Facebook we did have our own forum but i was hacked and we never got it back up and running. (www.J-body.com) (JCO for short) like the cars, a work in progress. I also operate and post on Instagram on behalf of the JCO all the old pics of our car shows and other information that comes to light.

so hello, I've added some pictures of some of my more relevant to you vehicles. I'm unsure what was available on your side of the pond as far as J-cars went.

20190624_221042.jpg

2010 JCO BASH 4.jpg

IMG_20150711_174642_zpsoedwwj8x.jpg

IMG_20220819_140852.jpg

IMG_20230829_205555.jpg

IMG_20230821_204723.jpg

  • Author

hope you enjoy, I am one of a few that would actually love to have one of your cars here, i imagine i could do quite a lot with it.

IMG_20220612_174640.jpg

20643194_1209210525845188_786905000138295070_o.jpg

IMG_20150705_175323.jpg

IMG_20150704_094200.jpg

  • CLUB MEMBER

Hi Aaron, this was a great first post! I think your collection (past and present) looks pretty awesome, and we've always supported the whole GM J-CAR / J-Body movement, so you're very welcome. As well as a Chevrolet Monza shell (the 2 door hatch the UK never got but looks like your Pontiac 2000 coupe) I have a 3.0L X30XE Ascona C and the yellow cavalier I inherited from my mum when she died when I was 10.

For the yellow cav (1982) - I have had (but never installed) - an LT3 / C20GET upgraded to 250bhp WHP, for which I had all the ancillaries new (i.e. belts, plugs etc.. all the usual - but that was in 2004/5 so they are probably knackered now - so I may need your help once I've moved back to the UK sourcing some more and got my projects going again once we're settled). I also always wanted to import a certain engine from the US so being attached to the states may be dangerous for you if you stay around here! Seriously though - I felt the Sunbird etc. did better in Canada or we better received than in the the states - but I'd love to hear what you think!

Similarly - I used to go on your old forum a lot back in the day. I'm happy you still have things going. Very happy to link up to resources etc.. and do some cross promotion as we get this site updated and move the club forward. I think you have an advantage supporting all the different variants - that's a pivot we've yet to make, mainly because the MK2 was always the underdog here. The car that saved Vauxhall/Opel in the 80s (due to a much more positive reception!) - but always maligned. Anyway, you are very very welcome! Now.. please tell me where I can buy the "pontiac nose" for a J2000 for a MK2... and then we can discuss the differences between the successful Chevrolet Monza in Brasil vs. the Sunbird Turbo from 84! Anyway, you're very very welcome mate!

1984 Pontiac 2000 Sunbird Turbo

image.pngPS

PS: This isn't mine. Mine is a shell. I can only hope to have one like this one day ;)

  • CLUB MEMBER

Welcome Aaron, great collection

Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR

Renault 5e daily (french go kart)

  • Author

well... i am seriously on the fence about pulling that 82 J2000 front end off and swapping on the 1994 sunbird GT front end with the flip up headlights. (seen on the teal sedan {im colourblind} with the black gt bumpers) so... I may know a guy. lol

from what i posted, I dont have the black 02 cavalier sedan, (cut it up), The black 05 cav coupe (cut it up), the primer 87 cavalier with the second gen front end swap, or the Burgundy 03 sunfire sedan (cut it up). everything else i still have. for a while i was hosting JCO meets in my side yard, had 10 cars laid out on the lawn before anyone else even showed up lol.

that 87 cavalier i will be rebuilding with the other 87 cavalier thats pictured. im hoping to actually finish the car this time. i have the 94 tail section that im going to graft onto the coupe. build myself a 2-door sedan. as you can see i swapped the trunk lids on a couple of donner cars years ago. the front ends are stripped. thats how i came to the conclusion that i could just bold the 90 front end (second generation) on to the 87 (first generation). underneath the first and second generations are basically the same cars.

IMG_20190119_170432_145.jpg

MVC-946F.JPG

  • CLUB MEMBER

Loving this.....keep us up to date

Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR

Renault 5e daily (french go kart)

  • Author

well right now I'm stuck pulling the power steering rack out of my daily the 05 sunfire. i just did new wheel bearings, new axles, pads and rotors up front. power steering rack is being a pain as one of the lines wont release. i dont want to cut it off because i dont have a replacement here. like the rack, axles, and bearings, i have replacement parts with all of my cars, so buying even yet more parts that i know i already have is infuriating... but today i make the 8 hr drive round trip to drop off my son at his mothers so tomorrow, i might get to work on it some more... you can see the '94ish sunbird in the garage, I have to cut it up, motor and drive train are being donated to my mothers 86 sunbird convertible. its previous owner was rather creative with its wiring. then I have to aquire parts for its interior. a lot of the structure from the sedan will be used to replace the swiss cheese under the 87 coupe that im rebuilding. seen beside mothers vert.

PXL_20260516_212113195.jpg

IMG_20230718_202442.jpg

  • CLUB MEMBER

I have stopped messing with the daily......its painful on a Sunday night when I need it Monday morning so have a modern car to chuck the miles on. Hopefully I will get one of my LXs on the road for day to day use. Something special about running a classic car regularly.

Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR

Renault 5e daily (french go kart)

  • Author

i bought it for $1000. Canadian from an auto salvage yard. it was brought in with a rotted out subframe. I drove it home. figure its all resulting damage from the subframe going in it. so just playing catch up really. i agree with you tactic, other then my truck which sh!t the bed, i dont buy anything over 05 anymore. my truck was an exception because it was a bade fleet model so didnt have as much electronics to fail in it. but its dead now too so lol.

  • CLUB MEMBER

I have a 2005 vauxhall monaro VXR (think its the pontiac GTO in the states). Needs a little sorting out, but plan is to get that running this year. Love and LS2

Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR

Renault 5e daily (french go kart)

  • 3 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.