Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MK2CAV.COM

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New member - kind of!

Featured Replies

Hi all,

 

Bit of a weird one this - always wanted a MK2 as my dad had a couple and I loved them, learnt to drive in his E reg SRi 130 and the first car I ever helped him work on was his A reg 1.6L, so they kind of got me into cars.

 

I've always been a petrol head and I've gone through all the different phases - started with Peugeots and Citroens, modified with various levels of success. Then JDM stuff, an Integra, a couple of Civics. Subaru, had 2 Imprezas and a Legacy, and still have a 2018 Outback as a daily. Then got into old Mercs, until I sold my 190E 2.6 in 2022 for the deposit on the Subaru, and then just forgot to buy something interesting again, until I saw this in November (apologies for the crap pics, it's been raining since then and I've not had much chance to get some good ones)

 

It's a 1.6 SR that was fully restored back in 2012, 48k miles (no proof of that other than some old MOTs, not that bothered), original even down to the stereo except for a Weber carb and manual choke conversion.

 

Currently just doing little jobs as and when weather allows - got the stereo rebuilt and it promptly blew up 5 minutes after reinstalling it because the speaker wiring was dodged up so that's all been replaced, just waiting on the stereo coming back fixed again. Vintage Galaxy 105 sticker (if you're from West Yorkshire, you know!), carb tuning (runs without the choke now), and next weekends job is replacing the 20 year old tyres.

 

Plans are - a 5 speed gearbox, 40mm springs, Piper exhaust, some fogs if I can find them, then just enjoy!

 

Oh, and reason I'm not really a new member - I joined this forum back in 2009 looking for one and gave up, just realised when I tried to sign up and it said my email was already in use!

PXL_20251207_095348005.jpg

PXL_20251229_083542998.jpg

PXL_20251229_083530362.jpg

PXL_20251109_133405306.jpg

PXL_20251108_163119881.jpg

PXL_20251108_163131271.jpg

  • CLUB MEMBER

Welcome (back).  Car looks good....I recognise it.....who did you buy it off?

Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR

Renault 5e daily (french go kart)

  • Author
On 03/02/2026 at 12:32, Greg said:

Welcome (back).  Car looks good....I recognise it.....who did you buy it off?

 

Thanks! Bought it off a lad called Dave in St Helens, but it's been about a bit.

  • CLUB MEMBER

Nice.  Love an early spec Cav.    I do have a set of fog lights with brackets. 

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Author
On 07/02/2026 at 12:49, retrotony87 said:

Nice.  Love an early spec Cav.    I do have a set of fog lights with brackets. 

Thanks! Let me know if you want to sell them 👍🏻

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.