Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MK2CAV.COM

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

VBOA feedback

Featured Replies

  • CLUB MEMBER

Hello fellow lovely MK2 peeps.   

 

I shall be attending a VOBA reps meeting in early November.  

 

For anyone that went to the VBOA @Sywell this year., would appreciate any feedback.  Be it good or bad. Shall be bringing all that is mentioned.  As I have a few myself.

 

 

Would like to Make the next one even better 

I'd say overall the show was great, a huge improvement on the previous years. There'll always be room for improvement but we enjoyed the weekend. 

 

Shower and toilet facilities were better although still not perfect; some showers  were randomly cold regardless of when you went.

Lighting again were better but still not perfect; there was very little down our end.

Whatever they did to bring new traders to the autojumble worked great, best it has been in years by a long way. 

 

Their biggest issue with the whole thing is pricing. It's expensive to go, it's expensive to camp and the food vendors were expensive. 

 

That's our general thoughts. 

What would Gordon do?

  • CLUB MEMBER

The camping is expensive for what you get, I think if you pay to camp you shouldn't then have to pay for the show on top (it needs to be an all in price, whatever that is).  I also think if you are bringing a car to show on the stand, entry should be subsidised as you are the reason the public are paying to come in.  This would boost people to actually bring a show'd car too from the club (if its less).  Maybe the VBOA could pay back per car based on tickets sold......promoting more folks to go......just thinking out loud now.

 

Needed a wash station for plates etc for campers.

 

The entertainment band/singer in the bar was shite on Saturday night.....I mean really bad, I could sing better.  If it wasn't free, get rid.

 

Also, I missed Paul wearing an England rugby shirt......maybe he in that, should be the clubs mascot

 

Maybe it should be held at a campsite that caters for campers....I dunno, I hear Billing has a good one ;)

 

Biggest awesome ness was the bar b q.....big thanks to Ivan and Clara for the efforts bringing that, cooking on and cleaning it all.....really made the weekend.  This needs to happen every year.  Be good to try and turn it into a party like the old days, but 1 sywell at a time

Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR

Renault 5e daily (french go kart)

  • CLUB MEMBER

O, to add, I don't expect Ivan to bring the bar b q.......but we (admin) need to make sure we have cooking ability for saturday eats

Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR

Renault 5e daily (french go kart)

10 hours ago, Greg said:

O, to add, I don't expect Ivan to bring the bar b q.......but we (admin) need to make sure we have cooking ability for saturday eats

Agreed the BBQ at billing always brought the club together 

  • 10 months later...
  • Author
  • CLUB MEMBER

A BBQ is a must I believe.   And as for the new location.  I thought it was put together really well considering their cockup.  

 

 

  • CLUB MEMBER

Is this thoughts on this years do now?

 

Showers right next to the main staging area was a tad odd.....if its the only place, open the doors away.

 

We cannot be moved from the corner ever.....the "Tree," was a saviour.

 

Bar b is a must every year.  Hopefully Jas can sort the cav bar out......I have the reserve if that cannot be sorted.

 

Generally a decent show although the years of decline are starting to show, plenty of folks driving in for Saturday only.  It was quiet Saturday night / sunday morning.

 

The Paul mascot is the best idea, and also he couldn't be bothered for 2 yrs running now.  Next year my son is 18 on the monday so need to sort some logistics out before signed up.

Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR

Renault 5e daily (french go kart)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.