Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MK2CAV.COM

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New to the forum

Featured Replies

Just joined the forum been on the Facebook group a while 

 

Recently bought a mk2 1986 hatch slowly fixing other people's mistakes. 

 

Hopefully be able to join events and gathering and share my experiences and off any advice I may have. 

20240608_134007.jpg

20240522_160546.jpg

20240522_184648.jpg

20240522_210930.jpg

  • Author

Bumpers coming off and replaced with grey, grill will be going and replaced with cross hatch grill 

 

Maybe a better lower front valance. 

 Rear bumper going back grey, number plate back up and behind it painted grey. 

 

Eventually I'd like a 5 speed box and SEH/NE on 40s. 

 

Will all be repainted and blistering fixed. 

 

Installed wiring will all be pulled out and redone properly with no scotch locks. 

 

New bonnet, replacement bootlid (spoiler is staying I like it)

 Once I find another terracotta interior I'll get some bits mine is let down by. 

 

I'll fire a project thread up later of the journey so far. 

Gareth Hollis old car isnt it? I saw it had been hit but didnt know he had sold it. Welcome to the club. 

 

Good luck with it, its a solid base to start with, I was never a fan of all the colour coding so well done for going back to standard. VBOA is the show to get too!

  • Author
37 minutes ago, C20Brett said:

Gareth Hollis old car isnt it? I saw it had been hit but didnt know he had sold it. Welcome to the club. 

 

Good luck with it, its a solid base to start with, I was never a fan of all the colour coding so well done for going back to standard. VBOA is the show to get too!

I don't know if it will be standard. 

It will 100% be contrast but I'm not the kinda person to have standard.

 

It's is indeed Garaths old car it was for sale some time, a VW friend sent it to me knowing my interest in vauxhalls. 

 

My wife and I went to view it 2 days later and hashed out a provisional deal with Garath, we left it a few days and came to a deal and I collected the following weekend. 

 

It was fixed and straight buly the weekend after collection

Ahh no I didnt mean leave it totally standard, sorry for confusion, I'm not one to keep things standard either.  Far from it., I normally go too far!! I meant the standard bumpers will look better than the painted ones. 

 

Ive known it a few years through Facebook, he had it on Carlton steel wheels and hubcaps for a while. The Manta wheels look good!

  • Author
16 hours ago, C20Brett said:

Ahh no I didnt mean leave it totally standard, sorry for confusion, I'm not one to keep things standard either.  Far from it., I normally go too far!! I meant the standard bumpers will look better than the painted ones. 

 

Ive known it a few years through Facebook, he had it on Carlton steel wheels and hubcaps for a while. The Manta wheels look good!

The bumpers will be painted contrast like my nova is. That way I'm not back to blacking all the time 

FB_IMG_1693514447227.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.