Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MK2CAV.COM

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

VBOA Show Sywell 2023 21 to 23 July Chat thread

Featured Replies

  • Author

Maybe Greg. I am bringing the Club's new 10 foot square with 4 closed side option gazebo (for the drizzle on Saturday :( ). That together with the Club sign and boundary rope posts doesn't leave much room in even a hatch. Plus its pushing it for space at home as I am trying to do a clear out, also they really should be not all in the same place.

If you can't take it we need another volunteer.

  • Replies 64
  • Views 19.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • I was the last one on stand in my Saab lol  Hopefully Lefty will be here next year if you’re still allowing MK3’s on  🤞 Current state in last pics, always a work in progress lol 

  • Nice and early John, excellent work.  I may have an issue though.....I might have a choice of mk2, lol.....never before.

  • not much of a choice, only one of yours works  😂

Posted Images

  • CLUB MEMBER
16 hours ago, GreyDJ2 said:

Maybe Greg. I am bringing the Club's new 10 foot square with 4 closed side option gazebo (for the drizzle on Saturday :( ). That together with the Club sign and boundary rope posts doesn't leave much room in even a hatch. Plus its pushing it for space at home as I am trying to do a clear out, also they really should be not all in the same place.

If you can't take it we need another volunteer.

I have assumed I can fit it lol.....if not its coming down when I leave.  If my tent water proofing doesn't work that could be early 🤣

Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR

Renault 5e daily (french go kart)

  • CLUB MEMBER

Despite the shitty weather, good turnout 👍 Nice to see you all again 🤗

Here are some MK2 pics ( not all from your stand ) 

 

 

 

IMG_3360.jpeg

IMG_3371.jpeg

IMG_3374.jpeg

IMG_3376.jpeg

  • CLUB MEMBER

I was the last one on stand in my Saab lol 

Hopefully Lefty will be here next year if you’re still allowing MK3’s on  🤞 Current state in last pics, always a work in progress lol 

IMG_3416.jpeg

IMG_3469.jpeg

IMG_3470.jpeg

IMG_3471.jpeg

Edited by Lefty

  • CLUB MEMBER

Good to see you all, shame my tent flooded and got everything wet so left Saturday evening.....its all hanging round the house.....likely chucking tent away.  The relentless rain knackered it.  @GreyDJ2 there was some talk amongst us of asking to move the show to August to try to get a better chance of better whether.....thoughts or its it a non starter?

Think my boys enjoyed it despite the washout.

LX didn't miss a beat at least.  Will get some pics up.

Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR

Renault 5e daily (french go kart)

  • CLUB MEMBER

Nice to finally meet more of the club.. I was hoping to meet more members.. I think the rain had every one hiding... mk3 never missed a beat 677 miles covered over weekend. 

 

August would be a good idea... 

  • Author

I will ask but I doubt that it will be moved as it has always been in July, on a non British GP weekend whenever possible, to fit in with Sywell availability.

Bear in mind that we have had pretty much dry weather for the past 6 years and that this was probably the worst weather since the flood at Billing. Before the next show the Club plans to upgrade its community protection, eg gazebos, to give better cover from wind, rain and sun.

Also, just watch the weather forecasts, the jetstream is in an unusual position for this time of year.

  • Author

Apart from the dates, I have some other comments to make to VBOA, namely, lighting, entertainment, toilets.

Does anyone else have any? Good or bad.

  • CLUB MEMBER

PXL_20230722_143513015.jpg

PXL_20230722_143504365.jpg

PXL_20230722_143500648.MP.jpg

PXL_20230722_162743996.jpg

PXL_20230722_162729954.jpg

PXL_20230722_162439533.jpg

PXL_20230722_162330916.jpg

PXL_20230722_153553661.jpg

PXL_20230722_070250148.jpg

Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR

Renault 5e daily (french go kart)

  • 2 months later...
  • Author

Mixed and for the first time we were time limited.

Much of that time was spent in a discussion on repercussions of an incident that happened on Saturday night in the bar hanger at this years show that I can't talk about in public.

The likely dates of next years show are known and expected to be confirmed and announced, along with prices, in the next week or so.

All clubs are being told to put forward 2 member volunteers with a 2 hour slot each to help running the show, on the gate, litter picking etc, to allow VBOA show team members a bit of rest.

The dates of the show are limited due to the popularity of Sywell, the impact of the weather potentially hitting any weekend. Lighting is a problem as with generators creating noise people affected just hit the 'stop' button, hopefully we get solar/battery quiet ones next year. Toilets and rubbish (the skips especially) are a learning curve!

  • Author

I forget, the visitor club next to us, East Side Vauxhall from Lincolnshire were voted in as a new member.

Also there was the normal discussion on stand size and location.

  • GreyDJ2 locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.