December 7, 20214 yr comment_223018 Hey folks, stumbled across the forum by chance and thought i'd sign up. I've owned a 1988 Mk11 Cavalier hatchback for the last 20+ years. A side project that has forever lived in a garage due to family, kids and my job. Now 2 of said kids are of driving age, the eldest adamant the car is going to him. I work in IT, fix Apple, Samsung and other high end devices for a hobby and in my spare time enjoy a bit of mountain biking, when it comes to car mechanics i'm a tinkerer at heart and not afraid to get my hands dirty but only if I have to. My cav started out life as the watered down version of the SRI, it's younger runt of a brother with a puny 1.6l single downdraught carb..I think the official model was the Cavalier LX, there was also a 1.6 LXi.... my previous cav's a 1983 1.8 SRI and an '84 2l CDI (running gear, engine and ECU from an SRI 130). So this was to be the base for a hatchback version of the Calibre, back in the day it was still nigh on impossible to get a decent replica kit and I couldn't afford to buy what i needed directly from irmscher so a fibreglass kit and local bodyshop and I ended up with this. Report
December 7, 20214 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_223020 1 hour ago, tonynash said: that'll be an LX not SX as I prevously stated I've edited your post and welcome Tony. For the sake of the black paint that would look a tidy Calibre hatch! I wouldn't give a MK2 away without having a drive in it first, even if it was to your first born! @Greg is our resident LX/LXi addict btw so I'm sure he'll be along to say hello shortly too! Report
December 9, 20214 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_223021 Another 1 of the 40 odd left is found.......welcome Tony......best model of them all 🤤 Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR Renault 5e daily (french go kart) Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.