October 23, 20169 yr comment_214263 Hi guys, I'm looking into a 20XE conversion and wanting to know what sort of a difference its made to the insurance premium for any of you that have already done it, I'm currently paying £192 fully comp and wondering what sort of effect it will have on that its a 1986 cabrio Report
October 24, 20169 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_214267 I would love to be able to help, but my redtop is still not in the car after 8yr of being removed from its host Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR Renault 5e daily (french go kart) Report
October 24, 20169 yr Author comment_214274 2 hours ago, Greg said: I would love to be able to help, but my redtop is still not in the car after 8yr of being removed from its host That's a long project Greg Report
October 25, 20169 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_214276 You are telling me........... One day, maybe if Andy resurrected my thread I might be more inclined to get on with it Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR Renault 5e daily (french go kart) Report
October 28, 20169 yr Author comment_214282 Has anybody done the conversion and declared it to DVLA and Insurance ? Report
October 29, 20169 yr comment_214284 i did try and tell them about an engine swap but i couldnt read all of the engine number and had no idea of the details of the car it came out of so i gave up Report
November 8, 20169 yr Author comment_214335 Didn't they say anything when you told them you'd swapped it Paul? Report
November 9, 20169 yr comment_214338 they sent a letter back informing me they couldnt alter the V5 and wanted more details, i didnt have any of the answers so i just left it Report
November 9, 20169 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_214339 I tried with the white one....as it nearly happened when we moved 2 yrs ago (so tried to update that as well as the address), but I get a letter saying they need proof from a competent garage that its happened. That will be good when required. I guess I could take it somewhere to accredit/check the job whence complete (lol). Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR Renault 5e daily (french go kart) Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.