November 13, 201510 yr comment_210791 Hi guys I've recently purchased a 1982 Cavalier 1.6 GL which I'll be picking up in a week. It's a 1 owner and has 22k on the clock. Needs some slight paintwork tidy up but it's not been welded and the arches and sills look mint. Always wanted one since my dad had a 1986 Cavalier SRi hatch in black. Still even remember the registration C704 HOP. Although it no longer exists as after he sold it in 1994, it was stolen and burnt out. This is my current daily driver and the Cavalier will be a keep tidy project. Don't worry. I won't be subjecting the Cavalier to this much abuse Looking forward to joining retro ownership. Edited November 13, 201510 yr by RedeXStylE Report
November 13, 201510 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_210793 Welcome....get your pictures up of the GL please No pics mean its not real Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR Renault 5e daily (french go kart) Report
November 13, 201510 yr comment_210803 I kept looking at this car on ebay, looks really nice and welcome buddy Report
November 14, 201510 yr comment_210812 a very tidy looking saloon , has a good retro look to it , even though it's not retro just a good example of a cav !!!!!!! really like those wheels on the corsa too....different Report
November 15, 201510 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_210816 Symon - I'd say designed in 1977 and terracotta velour makes a cav fully retro by now! Report
November 16, 201510 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_210830 My late granddad had a similar car but 1.3 version. Looks very tidy. Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR Renault 5e daily (french go kart) Report
November 16, 201510 yr Author comment_210833 Cheers for the welcomes guys. Looking forward to picking this up a week on Tuesday. Prepping myself for a 500 mile round trip though Report
November 16, 201510 yr comment_210836 On 15 November 2015 09:04:22, andy said: Symon - I'd say designed in 1977 and terracotta velour makes a cav fully retro by now! AHH Andy I agree with your sentiment , however retro is something fashioned to look older or of a particular time ...while indeed looking fully retro , especially with the dark maroon paintwork......it is a genuine old school classic..... an agree to disagree...perhaps ? Hat's off on the new website too , much work has gone into it................. Report
November 16, 201510 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_210838 3 minutes ago, Symon said: AHH Andy I agree with your sentiment , however retro is something fashioned to look older or of a particular time ...while indeed looking fully retro , especially with the dark maroon paintwork......it is a genuine old school classic..... an agree to disagree...perhaps ? Hat's off on the new website too , much work has gone into it................. Ta! Let's just say you were going for the adjective and myself the noun! Or vice-versa, myself opting for the collins definition as something "revived from the past..".. Speaking of which just images to sort now! Report
November 16, 201510 yr comment_210840 Just now, andy said: Ta! Let's just say you were going for the adjective and myself the noun! nice comeback.....think we should stop hijacking this thread. Report
November 16, 201510 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_210841 Touché! I'm looking forward to pictures form the recovery of the cav in question! Report
November 27, 201510 yr Author comment_210918 I went to see the Cavalier on Tuesday and ended up walking away as the body wasn't as described. I expected the bonnet, roof and boot to be sorted but the same problem was on the doors as well and it didn't look as mint as the pictures suggest. Spent the night umming over it and then decided to buy it. It's on it's way down to me now so pretty excited. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.