January 3, 200917 yr comment_96867 Well, after many years of new and boring cars, I have gone back to my roots! 1984 Cav 1.6 GLS hatch, 4 speed, taxed and MOT'd for £190...the best bit? 35,000 miles from new! Full history, interior looks like never been sat in, just needs a touch of paint!the link from when I bought it:http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300280299544Now, its a touch lower, bought some 17's to refurb and fit, then just a case of some decent brakes, sort the paintwork, ashley back box and enjoy it!I still have my well modified Corsa 1800 SRi with throttle bodies, but couldn't resit the cav!! Report
January 3, 200917 yr comment_96875 you lucky blighter its a lovely looking cav i do hope that the mods you have listed are the only ones you are doing to her original early spec GL's are like rocking horse poo to find now i hope to see her at billing this year top marks to you for getting this one Report
January 3, 200917 yr comment_96877 Thank you! Just to think all the Mk2's I've had and what they would be worth now!! Calibra, SRi130's, etc etc etc!!!I love this mk2, going to hopefully get paintwork sorted for Billing, tempted to 2-tone it like some of the dealer specials that came out! Thought about lower body in silver like the "special" Thurlby motors near Louth did!!! Report
January 3, 200917 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_96879 i like the whole no middle panel inbetween the rear lights thing FN59 RVF, E559 BGF, B629 NLE TUUUUUUURRRRBOOOOO Report
January 3, 200917 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_96887 Nice car and keep us up to date with progress. Welcome on board ;D Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR Renault 5e daily (french go kart) Report
January 3, 200917 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_96961 I love this car, if you are planning on getting rid of the GL bits at any point let me know and I'll have them off you. Welcome aboard, so happy this came around and via the site! Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.